well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Name our new cat
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name our new cat
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I think many of you are forgetting Lisa specified her personal preference for human names rather than any other kind...

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Thanks Amanda, but at this point, I'm open to anything. We're trying out Ozzie today but not sure it's going to stick.

I love Moxie but it seems like a girl cat name. Will definitely keep it in mind should I become a crazy cat lady in the future! All the names suggested are good - just not sure they fit him!

Posts: 4408 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I planned to name my next male cat Douglas. Then I could say that my house was full of Douglas Fur. I suppose his sibling could be named Noble.

But Cocoa came with her name. Rusty came with the name Bob (for Big Ol' Boy), but Mrs pj decided his name should be Rusty.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
There’s a book of 1001 names for baby boys on Amazon. You’d probably find one in there for your boy-cat.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13817 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Took him to the vet tonight and had to give a name for the records so he is Ollie / Oliver right now. We will see if it sticks. We literally let the vet tech decide if he was Ollie or Ozzy. (Flashback to the days in the hospital after giving birth to LL#2 when I accosted every single person that walked into the room with my list of five potential names for him and asked them to vote for their favorite. Apparently indecisiveness is just how I roll LOL)

Posts: 4408 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
How about Elmer? There's a name you don't hear every day....

A friend's daughter just had a grandson named Sawyer. I thought that was a cool name, and ticks a lot of (for me) pet name preferences: 2 syllables, sibilance (easier to hear) being just a few.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post