well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Functional Home Computer Printer?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Functional Home Computer Printer?
 Login/Join

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I LOVE my HP Instant Ink plan. I print a LOT at home, so the subscription makes sense for me (and is a huge savings!] I recently bought my second HP Envy printer (the first one owed me NOTHING - it worked for four years printing an average of 200-300 pages a month).

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
OMG BeeLady!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO
That is hysterical! I liked it so much, I watched another one by her:

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Sorry back on topic. I reluctantly bought an HP, it's an Office Jet Pro 9015e, and like Dol, I signed up for the free ink. Mine was 6 months of free ink though, and I made good use of that! Then when it was time to get new ink, guess what happen?? Yep, you guessed it, something went wrong and then the printer head died or something. I can't actually remember, except that it was a colossal pain in the arse. They did however send me a new print head and new ink of course. Parts were free, ink is part of my now monthly payment. So there was a time delay while I was waiting for the cursed print head to arrive, but other than that I've had zero problems with it.

Like Dol, I print a lot. And my previous two printers were HP as well IIRC. They worked fine until they didn't and had to be replaced, I think I had each of them for maybe 4-5 years.

Oh, I also hate HP Smart (the interface for scanning etc.)

But whatever, I'm convinced there's not a better option/brand. And even though I hate the ink subscription as a concept, I must accept that it is saving me a ton of money and it's less of a hassle than either going out to buy ink or buying it online.

I just hate that the ink is a racket and printers are more temperamental than a British sports car.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I'm extremely happy with my Brother laser printer. Have only had Brother printers for at least 20 years.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post