well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I bought a Peloton!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I bought a Peloton!
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
BUMP!

Today I made the final payment on my Peloton bike! I financed at 0% for three years.

Here's my report card for three years on the bike or other workouts on the app:

Cycling classes: 329
Strength classes: 288
Outdoor running: 86
Outdoor walking: 79
Stretching: 86
Yoga: 16

I have a 154 week "streak" going (meaning I have taken at least one class per week). I guess I got my money's worth.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow, Cindy that’s awesome!!

I was inspired by this thread and I ended up buying a treadmill in Jan. 2021. It’s no where near as fancy as the equipment made by Peloton, and no apps, but I use it almost every day and love it. We just moved and it’s all set up here now, whew.

Being able to exercise at home is really, really great.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Wow, Cindy that’s awesome!!

I was inspired by this thread and I ended up buying a treadmill in Jan. 2021. It’s no where near as fancy as the equipment made by Peloton, and no apps, but I use it almost every day and love it. We just moved and it’s all set up here now, whew.

Being able to exercise at home is really, really great.

Totally agree. I bought a treadmill during the pandemic and I get more use out of it than I would have thought.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Bought a Concept 2 rowing machine in 2020 because I was in Tucson during the hottest summer ever.
It is now in my garage in Colorado. Used it a bit over the winter.
Have been paddling my new kayak and pedaling my recumbent trike recently.
Bob walks and works out with an online Parkinson's
group.
Is the exercise Mirror popular?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I have a Mirror. I really like it, although this does not mean that I don't go months without using it. This is my failing and not the device's.

Fortunately for my self-esteem, you asked this question during a week when I've used it several times.

A lot of the classes are high-energy gym rat cardio stuff that will never interest me. However, I have found a number of classes at my level and at my willingness to sweat. (Also, to be less hard on myself, I will always have joint issues, some autoimmune and some from the fall that prompted my neck and jaw surgeries. If I push too hard, I wind up unable to exercise for a long enough period of time that it's really counterproductive.)

Anyway, I like the tai chi classes a lot. There are a million varieties of yoga, and they're sortable by difficulty level, so I can go slow and do "Gentle Yoga" or "Restorative Yoga," or I can ramp it up and work harder. I can do a yoga class that focuses on twists or upper body strength or whatever. This is really better than going to a gym and taking whatever the instructor is doing at the time you're able to get there.

There are both barre classes and ballet classes that are more like what you'd do at a dance studio than at a gym, which is my preference.

And it takes up no floor space at all, which is a big plus.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Mary Anna.
Will look the Mirror over.
Bob might like it.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Mirror workout brands evaluated.
You can pay up to $399 a month! Roll Eyes
Healthline

Would be hard to move a mirror that is attached to a wall from Colorado to Tucson and back twice a year.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
We don't pay $399 a month. LOL. Not that I don't feel guilty about what we do pay when I don't use it.

It's been a while since I bought it, but I think there was an option to put it on some kind of stand so that it would in theory be movable, although I doubt you'd want to do that when you're having to move everything else twice a year. But is that different from an exercise bike or treadmill that would have to stay in one house or another?

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I move my recumbent trike back and forth. Have some small weights in both places.
The bike paths in both places are great.
A mirror seems too fragile.
I rate an outdoor workout X10 over any indoor workout. Can ride the trike in Tucson winters and Colorado summers.
Was thinking Bob might use a mirror more than I do but he pays $25 a month for Parkinson's gym workouts.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Chas, I get a surprisingly good heart rate/upper body workout from the Oculus, which is totally portable if you have easy access to WiFi. There are a variety of programs that involve arm swinging or event racquetball, but I prefer Supernatural (subscription required), which has both boxing and arm swinging options (some boxing options with knee strikes, too), and I really get my heart rate up using that. I can also feel it in my shoulders and back.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post