well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So sick.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So sick.
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Hoping you're on the mend, jodi. Sounds just miserable.

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Sorry you are feeling bad. Hope the misery is over soon.
I thank you for the warning. Have relaxed my virus watch a little lately. Back
to masks.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Did you get a flu test to see if tamiflu or some other anti-viral might help?

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I too owe you thanks for this reminder to be more careful. I have been so sloppy in precautions I'm too embarrassed to describe it.

It's especially important for me to get CAREFUL, as my town is seriously COVID hit. I had stopped following the stats as I was, and just read on our "Nextdoor" site that we're experiencing a real surge. This is clearly a result of the students return especially since the blankety blank university didn't require vaccinations. Mad

That and the enthusiastic bloody football season. With the latest stadium expansions,
quote:

Beaver Stadium has an official seating capacity of 106,572, making it currently the second largest stadium in the Western Hemisphere and the fourth largest in the world.

Also, for some reason our hospital completely changed management despite the known menace of Covid, also letting go about half the staff, to jack up their bottom line. Neighbors writing into the site report very long ER wait time and deteriorated quality of care.

Back to forbidding visitors and they also stopped using our many hundreds of volunteers. Not a good time to get the Virus.

For the uncountable-th time, I mourn the 1963 PSU decision to accept the 50 million $bribe grant from the Hershey Foundation to build the Penn State Medical School in Hershey PA instead of State College where it belongs.

So, thanks again Jodi. It's so easy to stop taking it as seriously as one ought, without first hand reminders. Tomorrow I'll call my most in-the-know neighbor, to learn if - G-d forbid - there have been any more deaths on our street.

(And wishing you a strong immune response. You surely deserve to avoid any more illness.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear you are sick, Jodi. Here's hoping that it doesn't last very long. "They" are saying that this year's flu might be a bad one, because so many of us have been shut up for the past year and our opportunity to build up natural immunities has declined.

I hope you're feeling better already. Nausea/fever is the worst.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I did not get the flu test, my second covid test (that was sent to the lab) came back negative yesterday. No fever this afternoon, but still a terrible cough if I move too quickly, and totally stuffed up. Sudafed helps. Feel like I’m on the other side of the worst, thank goodness. I am getting tired of TV and nighttime is depressing because the last thing I feel like doing is getting back in bed when I’ve been laying around all day! Need some netflix /Amazon prime binge suggestions.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
An old production and it does have a few commercials because it’s IMDb, but I really enjoyed this.

https://www.amazon.com/Edward-...impson/dp/B07FSSQT7D

How about some light Hitchcock?

https://www.amazon.com/Catch-T...-Grant/dp/B07RJ1R43T

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post