well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Take a Stand 5 - The Knives are Out!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Take a Stand 5 - The Knives are Out!
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
My wustof knives go in. For 30 years.

I do need to go get them professionally sharpened, though. Maybe this weekend.

My Steele needs to go in the trash, and I lost my stone.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I sharpen pretty often - Sunday evening for the ones that get used most often.

No "good" knives in the dishwasher here!

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I have a set of Henckels knives that are more than 40 years old. Back then, the five star Henckels had solid polyurethane handles. Those knives have been bulletproof ... I've lost a few steak knives, but only damaged one. I don't think any of them have ever rusted, despite being submerged in water and mistreated in every way possible. Other than sticking one into Doug.
That's not very hospitable, you know.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13559 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I have a set of Henckels knives that are more than 40 years old. Back then, the five star Henckels had solid polyurethane handles. Those knives have been bulletproof ... I've lost a few steak knives, but only damaged one. I don't think any of them have ever rusted, despite being submerged in water and mistreated in every way possible. Other than sticking one into Doug.
That's not very hospitable, you know.

But for Doug, maybe it was hospital-able.

Leaving

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I wash sharp knives and knives with wooden handles by hand. Table knives and steak knives with plastic or metal handles are fine in the dishwasher, as far as I'm concerned.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post