well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    DNC Unity Fund
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DNC Unity Fund
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
what is this business about having loyalty to the democratic party? most of us aren't card carrying democrats. i can't remember ever NOT voting for a democrat, but i am not a democratic party member, nor will i ever be.

you aren't required to pledge loyalty to the party to vote. and i hope that never happens in america.

i'm 99.9 percent certain that whoever gets the democratic nomination will be a 99.9 percent better choice than donald trump, so i have no problem saying i'll vote for the democratic candidate.

i find it pointless and beyond unhelpful to keep retreading the ground of what happened with the DNC in 2016. we have more important and critical issues to concern ourselves with now.

like saving the country so it doesn't become a dictatorship.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21353 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
what is this business about having loyalty to the democratic party? most of us aren't card carrying democrats. i can't remember ever NOT voting for a democrat, but i am not a democratic party member, nor will i ever be.

You don't have to be a member of the party, and you don't have to be a member of the party to vote. But, if you want to be a member of the party, that should include supporting the party's nominees.

The First Amendment guarantees freedom of association. A political party is an association of like-minded people. I would prefer that the Democratic Party not associate with Bernie Sanders.

Posts: 45757 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:

You don't have to be a member of the party, and you don't have to be a member of the party to vote. But, if you want to be a member of the party, that should include supporting the party's nominees.

The First Amendment guarantees freedom of association. A political party is an association of like-minded people. I would prefer that the Democratic Party not associate with Bernie Sanders.

I would prefer that Bernie Sanders not associate with the Democratic Party.

Posts: 24740 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm the one who brought up loyalty oaths and I must say that I was joking.

Posts: 24740 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post