well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I like your new toy's photos!

I am still on a Rebel and it is now only used when I am seriously out there. Most of the time I shoot with a Pocket Canon. So much easier to carry around!

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
I like your new toy's photos!

I am still on a Rebel and it is now only used when I am seriously out there. Most of the time I shoot with a Pocket Canon. So much easier to carry around!

I hear ya! Most of the time I shoot with my iPhone5, so you know I must really want something particular about a shot if I'm willing to deal with bigger equipment.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post

This was yesterday. The beaches on the west side of Hawaii Island were closed because of high surf. That meant we could see surfers from our lanai.

This was taken with my point & shoot, Lumix SZ1 because it has a bigger zoom than my micro four thirds camera. Still cropped in to about a quarter of the original size.

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
posted Hide Post
My son and his wife are down from Sacramento with their 1 year old Anatolian Shepherd. Big dog. So far about 105 pounds, aiming at 140. But also a puppy -- learning not to jump on people -- when he jumps, his front paws reach your shoulders! Just a big, loveable galoot -- wants to sit on your lap! But too damned big for that!

Here he is:

Posts: 20891 | Registered: 23 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Beautiful big doggie, Rick.

I bet he has big poops to pick up as well!!!

Neener

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Good looking pup! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34931 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Sweet pup! Probably taller than me, standing up!

"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Something creepy in the woods. Eeker

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Very creepy. Do you know the story?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34931 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Nope. That makes it even creepier. Plus this forest is adjacent to a cemetery. Shrug

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
I love event based gifts, rather than things. My kids gave me a cooking class that we all went to together; it was make your own ramen and soup from scratch. Don't know that I will ever make my own noodles, but it was fun! A memory rather than a piece of clutter...

My thoughts word for word (except for the ramen specific) - but alas, after the fact.

You can never start too early with clutter-prevention, especially in a family (like mine) so prone to develop it.

For happy memories, there's always room!
(The "funny" thing is that when beset by clutter - and struggling to decide what to unload - the worst challenges are often the INTENDED memories, the hardest THINGS" to give up on.)

As I look over my overflowing storage (and contemplate those of friends and family), they seem to be full of life-styles that never came to be. (Teach myself GAELIC set? Elegant vintage clothing with no occasions that arose, worst perhaps, the once-"perfect gifts" for people who've more than outgrown them. I.e., a little girl now in college, a fabulous ice-cream maker for someone whose medical diet now precludes its products, books for the blind. Frowner)

(Wrapping and shipping have for some reason become among THE hardest tasks on account of my back).

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
craft show, PJ?

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
More like a street fair. The hedgehogs were just in a little window display in a second-hand store.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com