well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Edit and quote buttons missing?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edit and quote buttons missing?
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Windows 11, Chrome - OK
Windows 11, Firefox - no edit, but I can hide the post
Windows 11, Edge - same as Firefox

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
chrome on an android tablet: no good
firefox on an android tablet: editing function works just fine

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21362 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I’m on Safari on my iPad, and all is well.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9807 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Ax, do you have any idea what might be going on with this?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Ax, do you have any idea what might be going on with this?

Sorry, I haven’t been able to pin this down to anything specific yet.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12701 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It's not an emergency, and no apologies necessary! I just saw you logged on this morning and thought I'd ping you.

As always, your efforts are appreciated.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Have the same problem. Using Microsoft Edge.
With Chrome I only get a text version with no ability to do those things or reply.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Chas, my problem with Brave only displaying text (what I referenced earlier as being "messed up") has been fixed. Could you check Chrome and see if it's ok, or if you still have an issue?

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Interesting. My edit/delete, reply, and report post icons seem to be gone now, but they really aren't. This is in Brave, which is Chrome-based. Firefox is still fine.

If I hover over the area where they should be, I can see that my cursor changes from an arrow to pointing finger, which indicates that I'm over a clickable field. If I leave the cursor in finger pointing mode, most of the time a text box pops up that says "Reply or Delete Message", "Reply with Quote", or "Report This Post". The icons are not visible.

I wonder if this is related to another issue I've been experiencing off and on recently where some emojis just appear as a small square instead of the actual emoji.

I saw Matt logged on a little while ago, so help is on the way.

eta: When the window to insert an emoji in a post comes up, most of them are the unviewable squares.

Test emoji:

The emoticon problem happens in Brave but not in Firefox. On my Windows laptop.

One that I can see in both Brave and Firefox:

Wink

One that is an unviewable square in Brave, but fine in Firefox:

Leaving

Sorry for the problems. Guess our software is getting pretty long in the tooth.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Well how about that. It works.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13573 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post