well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Show Us Your Collections!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show Us Your Collections!
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AD:

(Also quite like your neighbour's house on the right)

I do, too. In fact I looked at it when it was for sale. A 'fixer upper' but when the realtor and I arrived we were frightened of walking up to the door as we were not sure the porch floor would support us. It went down hill from there. Blink

It was just too big for me, too much work (no kitchen!). The best family bought it, did tons of remodeling (including hiring my son to help out)..and ultimately, I found my dream job as the wife had founded the non profit where I now work..

All things happen for a reason. Yes

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
quote:
Originally posted by AD:

(Also quite like your neighbour's house on the right)

I do, too. In fact I looked at it when it was for sale. A 'fixer upper' but when the realtor and I arrived we were frightened of walking up to the door as we were not sure the porch floor would support us. It went down hill from there. Blink

It was just too big for me, too much work (no kitchen!). The best family bought it, did tons of remodeling (including hiring my son to help out)..and ultimately, I found my dream job as the wife had founded the non profit where I now work..

All things happen for a reason. Yes

I like to believe that good things come to good people, that you reap what you sow. You are a very good person, Kerri.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I have fountain pens, but I’m no longer an active collector. I just love the materials and designs. Will have to take pics.

Also have a collection of weird or funny ceramics that I refer to as “eternal art.” Includes some teapots. Again, I need pics.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Having trouble posting pics via post images.org.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

I've been using Flickr and it's been reliable so far.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34960 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

I saw the original link and it was to a gallery of images you uploaded. I think you have to post the individual images in order for them to appear here.

Once you upload to postimages, click on the image, click on Share, and then click on the icon that is to the right of the line that says "Direct Link". That copies the link to your clipboard and you can post it here.

Beautiful pens!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37906 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I was inspired by Daniel's handbag thread but this photo probably belongs here. I never thought of these things being a collection but I suppose they are.

The only time I carry a bag is on an airplane. Sharon got me this carry on for Christmas two years ago.

When I was working I always carried some kind of notebook and picked up a few along the way. Now I mostly use the phone for notes and send them to myself as text messages.

The snakeskin one belonged to Sharon's grandfather and is too fragile to actually use. The one with the llamas on it came from a friend who visited Peru. The one that looks like an envelope came from Montana - a street fair in Great Falls, IIRC. Not sure where I got the basket weave one. The checkbook cover is embossed with a (an?) FLW design.

Posts: 34960 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Those pens are fantastic! ThumbsUp

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Those pens are beautiful, but I tend to prefer utilitarian tools.

When I went to college, my preferred writing instrument was a Parker cartridge fountain pen. Eventually, I got tired of buying cartridges that didn't last too long and just used a ball point pen. Later, I got a Parker rollerball pen which was my favorite for quite a few years until refills became expensive and hard to find. I then switches to a Pilot rollerball and that is my currently preferred pen.

I feel somewhat similar about bags. When I started working in an office, I carried a leather briefcase for a long time, as much to hold tools of the engineering trade and reading material to read on the bus as work documents. Eventually, each briefcase would tear, lose a handle, or have a zipper malfunction and I would replace it. The last time that occurred, I bought a black ripstop nylon bag instead of another leather one. I carried that bag for the rest of my full-time working life. It's still perfectly serviceable and I have no doubt that it will outlive its owner.

I have nothing at all against beautiful objects, but when it comes to tools, I want the best, strongest, longest-lasting, items I can find especially if they're going to be used with regularity.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7407 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
WTG, thanks for fixing my image posting! That site was all a new process for me, so after several efforts, I just gave up.

The blue Waterman is a modern pen, and I used it for several years. I was discouraged because the pretty blue patterning faded in places and I was having trouble with the nib. So I just put it away. I’m sure the nib could be fixed or replaced. There is a shop in downtown NYC called Fountain Pen Hospital, a relic of the past. I think they now specialize in fancy luxury pens for the wealthy.

The Moore’s pen is steel…unusual.

Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
Also like the blue Waterman. Nibs usually just pull out and can easily be replaced with whatever you prefer. We have a couple, but more ink than pens. Mrs AD does a bit of caligraphy.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 384 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I found some more pens! I had forgotten about them. Also a couple of what look like miniature mechanical pencils.

Part of my “eternal art” collection, mostly ceramics. These are the salt-and-peppers (teapots, etc. to follow).

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post