well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Rear Admiral Collin Green ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rear Admiral Collin Green ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
... needs to resign.

Trump Reverses Navy Decision

He has been overruled on a matter of vital importance to the ethical standing of the military.

Posts: 12587 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
So, Collin Green AND the secretary of the navy have real spines.

Unlike Lindsay Graham and most of the rest of the GOP.

Challenge Trump to Fire Them

quote:
"The secretary of the Navy and the admiral who leads the SEALs have threatened to resign or be fired if plans to expel a commando from the elite unit in a war crimes case are halted by President Trump, administration officials said Saturday."

Posts: 12587 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12706 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yes, and it remains to be seen whether Esper fired him for being too close to Trump's dictum, or because Spencer challenged Trump's decision in the first place.

And what of Read Admiral Green, who has also gone to the mat over the Navy's capacity to discipline its own.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Case Closed

Until, perhaps, the next Sec Def reopens it. I hope s(he) does, though such an action will clearly agitate some people. Especially if she then shuffles personnel and takes away benefits to send very clear signals to the military that some decision makers chose the wrong course of action when caught between rock and hard place. I would sympathize with them for just following orders, but support demoting/reassigning/disciplining and other public messages back to the military that they should have defended their processes more vigorously against Trump administration interference.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Yes, and it remains to be seen whether Esper fired him for being too close to Trump's dictum, or because Spencer challenged Trump's decision in the first place.

And what of Read Admiral Green, who has also gone to the mat over the Navy's capacity to discipline its own.

From the Tweeter-in-Chief:

"I was not pleased with the way that Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher’s trial was handled by the Navy. He was treated very badly but, despite this, was completely exonerated on all major charges. I then restored Eddie’s rank. Likewise, large cost overruns from past administration’s.........contracting procedures were not addressed to my satisfaction. Therefore, Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer’s services have been terminated by Secretary of Defense Mark Esper. I thank Richard for his service & commitment. Eddie will retire peacefully with all of the.........honors that he has earned, including his Trident Pin. Admiral and now Ambassador to Norway Ken Braithwaite will be nominated by me to be the new Secretary of the Navy. A man of great achievement and success, I know Ken will do an outstanding job!"

Posts: 45781 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ironically, Gallagher's lawyer confirmed to ABC News that before Spencer's firing became public Gallagher had decided to voluntarily relinquish his Trident for the good of the SEALs. Esper has now decided that Gallagher should be allowed to retire and keep his Trident pin.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...5_null_headlines_hed

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38037 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
So, is I-1 pardoning members of the military who have been convicted of war crimes to press the point that he alone, as Dear Leader, has the authority to reward those who please him... like in the next civil war that I-1 dreams of triggering?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
He's pandering for votes standing up for the little guys .

quote:
Trump called Gallagher "one of our ultimate fighters."

"Somebody has their back, and it's called the President of the US, OK?" Trump said in the Oval Office, adding, "I think what I'm doing is sticking up for our armed forces."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/25...aftermath/index.html

If Obama had done this, we would have heard about how military law and discipline are paramount, and how a commander-in-chief with no military experience shouldn't meddle with those who do know what they're doing...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38037 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post