well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The EU's "Powerful" message to Moscow ...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The EU's "Powerful" message to Moscow ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Ukraine captured one of these babies ...

sophisticated electronic warfare system

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Are they really that inept?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Russian-Israeli oligarch Roman Abramovich and the Ukrainian negotiators in the ceasefire talks were allegedly poisoned during a meeting in Kyiv last month, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.

Abramovich and the Ukrainian delegation, led by chief negotiator Mykhailo Podolyak, reportedly suffered from symptoms of poisoning after the Kyiv meeting held some time in February, shortly after Russia invaded Ukraine, WSJ reporter Max Colchester reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

Sources claimed they were poisoned by Russian hardliners who want to sabotage ceasefire negotiations between Moscow and Kyiv, the report stated. A source close to Abramovich, however, said that it was not clear who targeted the oligarch and the Ukrainian delegation.

The condition of the Russian-Israeli oligarch and the Ukrainian negotiating team has since improved and their lives are not in danger.

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-702538

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Ukraine captured one of these babies ...

sophisticated electronic warfare system

quote:
The seized unit will be examined by Western spy agencies, The Telegraph reported, adding that it would likely be taken by road to the US Air Force's Ramstein Air Base in Germany, before being flown to the US.

Maybe they should also provide route info and expected times of transit.

Sheesh.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I would think that getting our hands on that machine is worth a few old Polish MIGs being sent to Ukraine.

I'm really getting sick of the Biden administration's "moral support" that always seems to stop short of supplying Ukraine with enough to smack the Russians really hard. It's better than "thoughts and prayers," since the Ukrainians are indeed getting some hand-held stinger/javelin kind of stuff, but they could use some planes, serious tanks, and missiles. We seem to want to calibrate our help so that Ukraine "only" loses territory slowly, and with huge civilian and infrastructure loss. But never give them enough to actually turn the tide in places and perhaps force Russia to the negotiating table in anything other than a superior posture where they can demand a maximal outcome.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Russian forces pulling out

Very interesting. Russian forces appear to be pulling out north of Kyiv. Large numbers of troops retreating back to Russia. No sign of the Ukrainians getting in the way.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
They've lost. Now Zelensky has to figure out what he's willing to give them to let them save face.

I read last night that the Russians have lost a greater number of tanks than the Germans have in their army. Since the entire Russian economy is built on predation by the oligarchs, I wonder how they will be able to afford the costs of rebuilding.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I worry that the pullback is a feint prior to a chemical weapons attack....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
To the extent that this analysis rings true ...

Putin cannot make peace ... because that will destroy him internally

We have a problem.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Russian soldiers who seized the site of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster drove their armoured vehicles without radiation protection through a highly toxic zone called the "Red Forest", kicking up clouds of radioactive dust, workers at the site said.

The two sources said soldiers in the convoy did not use any anti-radiation gear. The second Chernobyl employee said that was "suicidal" for the soldiers because the radioactive dust they inhaled was likely to cause internal radiation in their bodies.

https://www.reuters.com/world/...d-forest-2022-03-28/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Jesus.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Ukraine may have finally hit back ...

... inside Russia. Large explosion in Belgorod, likely an ammunition depot. Probably caused by Ukrainian artillery fire.

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Russian soldiers who seized the site of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster drove their armoured vehicles without radiation protection through a highly toxic zone called the "Red Forest", kicking up clouds of radioactive dust, workers at the site said.

The two sources said soldiers in the convoy did not use any anti-radiation gear. The second Chernobyl employee said that was "suicidal" for the soldiers because the radioactive dust they inhaled was likely to cause internal radiation in their bodies.

https://www.reuters.com/world/...d-forest-2022-03-28/

Those poor, poor pawns. I'll bet they're so radioactive they'll even sicken their families, including unborn children kind of like US soldiers were by Agent Orange in Vietnam.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Give them sufficient arms ...

... to allow them to fight the Russians to the last Ukrainian alive, but not enough to allow them a decent shot at actually rolling back Russian territorial gains.