well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Should WTF move to a different site/platform?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should WTF move to a different site/platform?
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
There's a Facebook page?

yes. i think i called it "wtf in exile". it was while we were having some issues here and nobody could reach matt.

let's see if i can put the link here.... here it is:
www.facebook.com/groups/196042...ups/1960428970940611

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21536 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
it didn't link properly. but if you search groups on fb for "wtf in exile" it should turn up.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
nina i sent you an invite.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I agree with pique regarding feeling railroaded, wtg. You lost me when you told SK that she should just change the title of this thread. I'm not going to vote. I'm just going to continue to post here at WTF.

Posts: 25196 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I really don’t understand why either of you is feeling railroaded. Neither of you wants to try the other forum. You want to stay here. No problem. No one here except Matt has the power to close down this forum, so it will continue to be here and you can post.

Other members seem to be interested in experimenting with the other software and discussions continue about its features, operational stability, etc. It’s their prerogative to do so.

I just don’t see what the problem is.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38206 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
A Facebook page will do no good for me personally. I am not and never have been a Facebook user.

I find the present situation somewhat similar to the shut-down of the old Coffee Room in that new forums were created and different people migrated to one or more of them. I personally had no interest in going to Fat Shirley's, primarily because of my antipathy for that forum's creator. I did join TNCR and WTF and posted in both, although I eventually migrated almost exclusively to WTF.

The present situation is not identical, but shares some characteristics. WTF as presently hosted does not have a fixed shut-down date as the Old Coffee Room did, but it could vaporize undexpectedly at any time. The Beta version created by Ax seems, to me, to be a more secure home going forward and I intend to use it whenever possible.

I won't immediately abandon visiting this site, but I do anticipate seeing it less and less for the reasons I stated in an earlier post.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7466 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Pique and Daniel, I'm sorry you're feeling railroaded. I'm not sure what to say about it. But I know that's because I've tried the new site and am now totally biased because it's such an easier site to use and it's really nice to have all the new functionality, and to have the *same* functionality, whether I'm on my phone, iPad or laptop.

quote:
I won't immediately abandon visiting this site

I feel the same way as Big Al. As long as there are still WTFers here, I'll keep visiting here. But the new site is so much easier to use...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18852 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
A question concerning the user ID. and password for the new wtf.coffee-room.com. Do they have to be the same as what we use on this forum or can they be different?

Posts: 1417 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do they have to be the same as what we use on this forum or can they be different?

My password is not the same. But I used my same username, and so far everyone that I've seen post is using the same username. I use the same one here and on all the piano-related sites where I have accounts. So if you want people to recognize you, you could use the same name (or, for example, if you wanted to, you could abbreviate it etc.)

If you make a new username, that should be fine too, just maybe tell us who you are. Smiler

Posts: 18852 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
I come here so infrequently now I almost feel like I'm not qualified to post.

I hope everybody's doing well.

I tried the new site someone sent to me on Facebook but my credentials from here don't work.

Do we need to make new credentials?

And there's no link between this page and that page, is there? As in if we post here, it's not visible there, correct?

Hi Bernard!

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3903 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I almost feel like I'm not qualified to post.

You are most certainly qualified to post! Lovely to see you!!

quote:
Do we need to make new credentials?

Yes, you do need to make new credentials.

quote:
And there's no link between this page and that page, is there? As in if we post here, it's not visible there, correct?

Yes, that's correct. The two sites are totally separate.

Smiler

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Does someone here have the capability of pinning a post at the top of the page here with the address there?

I think that might go a long way in avoiding any confusion and/or loss of WTF members in the long run.

Just a suggestion. Don't even know if it's possible.

I am "Daniel," not only from the TV show, because even though that metaphor was deliberate and fitting, the deeper meaning is in fact Daniel as in Daniel in the lions' den, as apple figured out. I'll never change my screen name.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Hi, Big John!

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does someone here have the capability of pinning a post at the top of the page here with the address there?

One of the mods should be able to do it. Quirt or WTG?

Here's the link again for now:

https://wtf.coffee-room.com/

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Lol, SK! You should be an administrator there or at least a moderator. Smiler