well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Breakthrough infection?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breakthrough infection?
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted
I am a twice-vaxed person. Yesterday, driving back from a weekend away, I started feeling tired and mildly feverish, with an occasional dry cough.

Fever never got awful, and I’m quite lucid and functional. Seems to vary between 99.6 and 100.4.

We had eaten at 3 restaurants while away, and stopped at 2 gas stations where I went into their store area unmasked.

Anyway, I went for a PCR test today. Fortunately, NYC has more testing and vaxing sites than corner bodegas.

Results tomorrow. Wish me and Moderna luck.

Off for a nap.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
A couple of folks with breakthrough infections tested negative before testing positive.... If you still feel bad, test again!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
A couple of folks with breakthrough infections tested negative before testing positive.

I was just going to say that. Definitely test again if you're negative once but still feel bad.

I hope you feel better soon!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18580 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed.

Posts: 12550 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My friend was sick all weekend. He had Covid early on (he’s also vaccinated) and knows how it feels. His test was negative and he feels fine now.

Hoping for the best!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice, about needing two COVID tests to be sure about accuracy with symptoms.

Hope it's a (double) negative if the symptoms persist!

And I'm sure you're resuming masking when out of the house until you're sure you're in the clear.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
After attending a time warp wedding..like all was ok, mask? ha! Social distancing? Nah..

I am at home working through tests...I had a, ahem, symptom...must have been something I ate? But then my Mom had the same.. Frowner

So we are isolating and testing before we go back out into the world.

I will not return to my office before next Monday...I do NOT want to shut us down again just by my presence there.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Well, some good news. My fever broke this morning; had been 100-101 pretty steadily. Now 98.6. And a headache and cough. Still no test results yet.

I guess I should be isolating? I had wanted to go into the city today to shop.

BeeLady, sorry to hear you’ve got it too! Glad you are being careful.

Let’s all keep masking up!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mr wtg and I never stopped masking and haven't been to any restaurants since this whole mess started. Guess it wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, RP.

Yea, I think I'd stay at home till you have results.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I stay at home when possible

I always wear a mask.

I never eat in restaurants

I don't take risks I don't have to take. I'm already worried half to death, not necessarily of dying of COVID+19, but of getting sick.

Posts: 24738 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well, eldest went to a concert a few days ago with 14 friends. Proof of vaccine was a requirement for entry. Half of them have now tested positive, including him. So far, all cases are no worse than the sniffles and some are asymptomatic. He has "a cold." He had the Pfizer jab.

Posts: 12550 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Well. It seems I was optimistic. Temp back up to 100.6. No result yet but think it must be positive…unless it’s the flu.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
... which is possible. Did they test for the garden-variety flu?

I got my flu jab yesterday, BTW. This could be a nasty flu season.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I got my flu shot today. They offered it at Dr.'s office. Glad to get it out of the way.

Joe, I hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 24738 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your kind words. Didn't get the flu shot, but more info emerged to say it's not the flu.

We were visiting relatives on Long Island. On Monday night, a couple came visiting at my brother-in-law's place. Today, my BIL said that couple called to say they have just tested positive for Covid. And my BIL got tested and also was positive. He feels just like I do.

The only one who is fine is my wife, who received a booster a week or two earlier because she is receiving anticancer treatments. She has absolutely no symptoms.

So now we know how it all happened!