well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Way to go, Vlad ...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Way to go, Vlad ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Moscow confirms the sinking of the Moscow.

Confirmation story

Sinks in stormy seas ... I'm guessing Ukrainian missiles likely aided the process.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Awwww .... what a shame....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
War humor .....

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Love the tractor ... Big Grin

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Formal "Démarche"

quote:
Russia this week sent a formal diplomatic note to the United States warning that U.S. and NATO shipments of the “most sensitive” weapons systems to Ukraine were “adding fuel” to the conflict there and could bring “unpredictable consequences.”

This is actually interesting, and a bit scary. In addition to blaring it to the media, Russia has written a formal diplomatic letter to the US (A Démarche). Presumably one does this to give a legal pretext for what comes next.

That's the question.

quote:
“They have targeted supply depots in Ukraine itself, where some of these supplies have been stored,” said George Beebe, former director of Russia analysis at the CIA and Russia adviser to former vice president Dick Cheney. “The real question is do they go beyond attempting to target [the weapons] on Ukrainian territory, try to hit the supply convoys themselves and perhaps the NATO countries on the Ukrainian periphery” that serve as transfer points for the U.S. supplies.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO You guys

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Formal "Démarche"

quote:
Russia this week sent a formal diplomatic note to the United States warning that U.S. and NATO shipments of the “most sensitive” weapons systems to Ukraine were “adding fuel” to the conflict there and could bring “unpredictable consequences.”

This is actually interesting, and a bit scary. In addition to blaring it to the media, Russia has written a formal diplomatic letter to the US (A Démarche). Presumably one does this to give a legal pretext for what comes next.

That's the question.

quote:
“They have targeted supply depots in Ukraine itself, where some of these supplies have been stored,” said George Beebe, former director of Russia analysis at the CIA and Russia adviser to former vice president Dick Cheney. “The real question is do they go beyond attempting to target [the weapons] on Ukrainian territory, try to hit the supply convoys themselves and perhaps the NATO countries on the Ukrainian periphery” that serve as transfer points for the U.S. supplies.

It's hard to predict what a crazy person will do, but I think even Putin would have to assume that a deliberate attack on the soil of a NATO country would require a response. Does he want to escalate that way, when his military has proven so inept?

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I certainly wouldn't do it, but I'm not seeing internal Russian politics through his lens.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
One time Hawaii Civil Defense made the announcement a nuclear missile had been launched from North Korea. Roll Eyes

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's hard to predict what a crazy person will do, but I think even Putin would have to assume that a deliberate attack on the soil of a NATO country would require a response. Does he want to escalate that way, when his military has proven so inept?

right?

from the little i've read, the only thing putin respects is a show of force. if the world came together to stand up to his bullying--if all the eastern bloc, including Ukraine, joined NATO right now and issued an order to Russia to leave immediately or be blown to smithereens, what would happen?

when contemplating this whole situation, it sometimes seems like bolder action is required, not tiptoeing around.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post