well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    It got me
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It got me
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I tested positive for COVID today. Have no clue where I got it, as we really don't hang out in crowded places. Our neighbor came home with it from Vegas about three weeks ago, but I only talk to him outside and I kept my distance.

Running a fever, feel achy, and am sleeping a lot. The sore throat and drippy nose that started Friday night have already gone away.

Yuck.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry! Hope you get over it quickly! (I imagine it will get most everybody eventually)

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20471 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear. Hope you’re better soon

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Ugh.

My wife and I are now over it ... tested negative.

I went back to weight training yesterday and noticed that I didn't quite have the same stamina. Presumably temporary.

Posts: 12571 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
WTG, Oh no! I hope you don't feel too bad and that your current symptoms resolve quickly!! You're not taking paxlovid or anything?

This is your first (known) case of covid, right?

quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
(I imagine it will get most everybody eventually)

Yep, there's no hope for me.

I have been completely inconsistent with masking. I'm masking when teaching, for every class -- which I think is the right thing to do because I have two big classes in window-less rooms. And my students are dropping like flies.

But I've attended several other events, like faculty receptions and a student event, without masking. And I ate at a restaurant on Friday.

We'll see how it goes.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18602 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Yuck! So sorry, but it sounds like your case was mild.

I’ve gotten lax about masking; almost no one bothers anymore locally. I should be more careful since they’re predicting a new surge.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13825 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all. So far not too bad.

I was really tired on Thursday and got a sore throat early Saturday morning. I tested Saturday evening but it was negative. I retested yesterday and the line appeared on the test in just a couple of minutes. My temp has been as high as 102, but it's down this morning to 99.5 and I feel a good deal better.

SK, this is the first time I've gotten COVID. Not taking Paxlovid or anything else, not even ibuprofen, as my fever wasn't really that high.

Not sure where I caught it, but I'm hearing from folks who have kids in school that the infection rate seems to be going up, so apparently the virus is becoming more prevalent again going into the fall.

So for those who have had COVID, how long did it take to run its course?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I probably felt fine after 5 or 6 days but I was testing every other day to see when I tested negative again. That took almost 2 weeks?

My symptoms were a sore throat for a couple of days and then one day of really feeling tired.

I had it last summer.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7560 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Glad you’re feeling a little better today, WTG. May this trend continue!

So could you have gotten it at the supermarket or something like that?

Me, wondering if I should tell Mr. SK to mask at the store. Also recalling that we don’t have a PCP here yet in our new town. Probably should get on that…

Posts: 18602 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I always thought you had to have a period of exposure, at least 10 or 15 minutes in close proximity to someone who is infected. I shop at times when there aren't many people in the store, and I haven't been in anyone's house, had company at our house, and haven't been in a restaurant for months.

I am truly puzzled as to where I got this.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
It is puzzling indeed!

quote:
I always thought you had to have a period of exposure, at least 10 or 15 minutes in close proximity to someone who is infected.

That's been my understanding as well. Maybe this new variant is that much more infectious, such that the needed time is shrunk?

In any case, I'm glad your case seems to be mild and hopefully it will stay that way!!

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I hope you’re feeling better soonest.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you got it. Hope it's mild, and you recover soon.

Posts: 13637 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Seems like a very large fraction of people I know have come down with it recently. No one is reporting stats any more, so any wave estimates are rough guesses now. All we have now are hospitalization data. But my impression is that we're in a big wave of cases but with only a small impact on hospitalizations. They're up, but from a pretty low base.

CDC data on hospitalization and death

On the plus side, I haven't heard any stories of friends and acquaintances with serious disease. Since most of my friends are now older, that's a good sign.

Posts: 12571 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I hope you get well soon. As I reported earlier, I had an asymptomatic case late last year, diagnosed while I was last in the hospital.

I've been considering getting another booster when the new variant becomes available in a few weeks.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7425 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post