well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tinnitus
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tinnitus
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
UPDATE.

Still 24/7. I have the expensive hearing aids that boost hearing at the frequency where I have a small deficit and they pipe in "masking" pink noise, which does a great job masking the Tinnitus but can be annoying in its own right. I tend to wear them in the morning when I typically read and take them off after lunch, when I am more likely to be active.

I have tried MANY supplements I have read worked for others, including Lipo Flavanoids, Zinc, Magnesium, NAC, ACL, Ginko, and more. No help.

It causes significant tension and cramps in my neck. A weekly massage helped a lot until the virus shut down her practice.

The hot tub continues to be a pleasure if not a help, particularly once i ditched the chlorine/bromine chemicals and had an ozonator and silver mineral cartridge added. Clean clear water with no smell or chemical rash. Stress DOES make the T worse and the hot tub relaxes.

Much as I long for even 10 minutes of silence, I am no longer hopeful. Just turned 70, am in good health, happily remarried, so all in all I can't really complain and I do think I am "habituating" some to the T.

Now if we can just get the orange monster out of the White House, I think I can relax further.

Oh, and I just finished a four month marathon reading every one of Many Anna's books in order. What a wonderful distraction!

jf

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
It's my constant companion too ...

And of course I just checked and see that I said that same thing on p. 1 ... Big Grin

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Good to see your update, JF. I’m sorry it hasn’t gotten much better. Hopefully you will be able to continue to de-stress.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Good to see your update, JF. I’m sorry it hasn’t gotten much better. Hopefully you will be able to continue to de-stress.

Having sunny 70 degree Novembers in Maine also helps! Wink

jf

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry you're having to put up with this. Tinnitus affects so many people that I can only hope that the treatments will grow more effective with time. I'm glad the hot tub helps (and the Faye books!), and there are far more noxious prescriptions in the world, so that is at least a silver lining.

Group Hug

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:

Having sunny 70 degree Novembers in Maine also helps! Wink

jf

Omg, it isn’t even officially winter but I am already sick of the winter weather we’ve been having here!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It causes significant tension and cramps in my neck.

If you're not doing this already, I recommend regular stretching exercises? Or yoga, tai chi, something like that?

I got into the habit of stretching a few years into my piano journey and I eventually settled on a routine that includes stretching for upper body and legs etc. and it makes a huge difference for me. I actually do my stretching routine at the end of the day or right before bed, because I find that between working on the computer and playing piano, by the end of the day is when I need it. And I get all stretched out and sleep well and (most of the time) don't wake up with a headache.

So, esp. for as long as you're not able to see a massage therapist, you might try to get into a stretching routine?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18538 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I do stretch some, but you are right I should have a routine

Jf

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
UPDATE.

The hot tub continues to be a pleasure if not a help, particularly once i ditched the chlorine/bromine chemicals and had an ozonator and silver mineral cartridge added. Clean clear water with no smell or chemical rash. Stress DOES make the T worse and the hot tub relaxes.

jf
No change for me either w.r.t. tinnitus. I too have a hot tub that doesn't smell, or cause a chemical rash (love the ozonator!) and it is truly great IMO. Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Possible breakthrough in tinnitus treatment

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A bit more about Lenire:

https://www.tinnitushub.com/he...still-out-on-lenire/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37953 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Thanks both. I have been following this and will try when available.

Jf