well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Decluttering Discoveries

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decluttering Discoveries
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted
As we are finally decluttering, we are finding a few gems.

We are doing books right now. A few have some value, according to some online sites I checked.

An artist’s hardbound book, which accompanied an exhibition of her drawings in Germany, is for sale online for around $850…and my copy is signed.

The potter MC Richards wrote a book called “Centering.” I have the hardbound copy valued at c. $350. Subsequent paperback printings are $5-10.

Of course, those are booksellers’ prices, I would be offered less.

I have a stack of underground comics from the early 1970s too. Have not looked those up.

And there’s a rare 5-CD album of music valued at over $1,000.

Onward…

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
cool. what an inspiration to the rest of us to get on the stick about paring down.

I have a lot of antiquarian books. i haven't looked to see what they are worth. but many decades ago a friend who is a science fiction writer was salivating over a bunch of old paperbacks i got when i was in grade school! he said they were worth a fortune. maybe this is how i finance our retirement.

i'm actually doing a reverse of this process. i finally, FINALLY, sent off the 1970s marantz tuner/amp my dad gave me when i was in college, to have it rebuilt. the technician who received it last week says it is a fine specimen. i cannot wait to hear it in all its renewed glory, and i've been falling asleep every night since i shipped it out hearing all the music i intend to play on it in my head.

he told me to insure it for $600--not working--when i sent it out. it will be worth a lot more than that when it comes back. and will last hopefully another 30 years.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post