well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Decluttering Discoveries

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/2133970797

28 March 2022, 09:31 PM
RealPlayer
Decluttering Discoveries
As we are finally decluttering, we are finding a few gems.

We are doing books right now. A few have some value, according to some online sites I checked.

An artist’s hardbound book, which accompanied an exhibition of her drawings in Germany, is for sale online for around $850…and my copy is signed.

The potter MC Richards wrote a book called “Centering.” I have the hardbound copy valued at c. $350. Subsequent paperback printings are $5-10.

Of course, those are booksellers’ prices, I would be offered less.

I have a stack of underground comics from the early 1970s too. Have not looked those up.

And there’s a rare 5-CD album of music valued at over $1,000.

Onward…

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

28 March 2022, 10:40 PM
piqué
cool. what an inspiration to the rest of us to get on the stick about paring down.

I have a lot of antiquarian books. i haven't looked to see what they are worth. but many decades ago a friend who is a science fiction writer was salivating over a bunch of old paperbacks i got when i was in grade school! he said they were worth a fortune. maybe this is how i finance our retirement.

i'm actually doing a reverse of this process. i finally, FINALLY, sent off the 1970s marantz tuner/amp my dad gave me when i was in college, to have it rebuilt. the technician who received it last week says it is a fine specimen. i cannot wait to hear it in all its renewed glory, and i've been falling asleep every night since i shipped it out hearing all the music i intend to play on it in my head.

he told me to insure it for $600--not working--when i sent it out. it will be worth a lot more than that when it comes back. and will last hopefully another 30 years.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams