well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    "New" Car Search
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"New" Car Search
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Mr. Lisa rented a car that had the auto correct lane assist. There was road construction and they had one lane of cars crossing over to the opposite side. The car freaked him out because it refused to cross the lane - it kept veering back and he thought he was going to take out the flagger guy. After that experience he said he would never ever buy a car where he couldn't disable the auto-lane-correct. This was a few years ago so hopefully they have improved it now to account for situations like this.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
You can disable all of them if you want.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Mr. Lisa rented a car that had the auto correct lane assist. There was road construction and they had one lane of cars crossing over to the opposite side. The car freaked him out because it refused to cross the lane - it kept veering back and he thought he was going to take out the flagger guy. After that experience he said he would never ever buy a car where he couldn't disable the auto-lane-correct. This was a few years ago so hopefully they have improved it now to account for situations like this.

Two points, Lisa:

One, my Honda's lane assist is a tug, but the driver can (easily) override it.

Two, please tell your husband that, in any car with lane assist (I believe, but am not certain), you temporarily tell it to stop doing its thing by putting on your turn signal, to indicate a lane switch.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
That looks like a nice car. I was just telling the Missus the other day that I kinda miss the utility of my E-class waggin. The Subie is good, but the Benz was great for carrying stuff, camping (towing my little camp trailer), and like that.

It just seems wrong that any Mercedes other than an SL or a truck doesn't have a hood ornament any more.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
lol We're Hood Ornament people too. We did drive a 2014 that had 98k miles on it. It was the version with the full size chrome grill, and hood ornament. It was nice, but we wanted something with less mileage on it this time around. So we splurged, and spent about 2X what that one cost. We also kind of fell in love with modern aggressive looks of the AMG "Sport" styling package.

If we need an ornament fix, we can always just jump in the S500. Wink

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
One of my cellmates just asked me if I was interested in his mother's car. Her doctor has suggested that it's time for her to stop driving. She has a 1998 ML320 with 60,000 miles that is in excellent mechanical condition, but has a few bumps and bruises from, well, a woman in her 80s driving it. She bought it new. It's maroon with a grey interior. No towing package. She used to smoke in it regularly. I think he's asking too much for it -- he's thinking $3500 - 4500.

I've pretty much decided not to. If it had the factory towing package I would consider it. Right now I have a travel trailer but nothing with which to tow it.

My ex had a 2000 ML430 with the towing package. It pulled my trailer like it wasn't even there.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
That’s really nice, Mark. Now I want one too.

Get one. You will love it.