well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Holy carp, he did it.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy carp, he did it.
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It ain't a coronation if everyone else declines.

Posts: 19831 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great. a coronation. just the thing to avoid chaos and get everyone's eyes on the prize.

Indeed.

This is an "eyes on the prize" moment if there ever was on.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18855 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
She needs help coming up with a campaign slogan.

I suggest, "I'm with her 2.0."

Posts: 19831 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Mark Kelley for VP?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25849 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mark Kelley for VP?

Someone else mentioned that somewhere. I don't have any objections, I guess, although he's not my first (or second, or third...) choice.

I want it to be Pete....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18855 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The four logical choices (to me) are ...

Kelly -- because Arizona.
Whitmer -- because Michigan.
Shapiro -- because Pennsylvania.

Beshear -- wild card. Could negate the fake-hillbilly Vance and possibly make some southern states interesting.

Edit:

Let me add Roy Cooper -- North Carolina. Could be a twofer. Make North Carolina viable AND smack the fake hillbilly Vance.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I've heard Sherrod Brown, Beshear and just for grins and a great made for tv movie, Mitt Romney (this from Aaron Working).

Harris/Buttegieg would be my pick except they are unelectable. Sad.

Posts: 35427 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Duh, Aaron Sorkin. Autocorrect grrr

Posts: 35427 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Just got an email soliciting funds for the DNC. It was titled "President Biden".

Posts: 25849 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
MAYOR PETE!!

nope

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
“I have said from the beginning, the party that gets rid of their 80-year-old candidate is the party that’s going to win,...”
--Nikki Haley, March, 2024

I gather that a lot of Nikki's supporters were not happy having to choose between Biden and Trump, feeling that Biden was too old, and Trump was too deranged or worse.

I hope our new candidate sways a bunch of Nikki's former supporters.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
She or whoever arranged it chose Kelly who talks like a robot over Beshear who has charisma.

This isn't a wise choice in terms of the down ballot races, although I admit I have no data to show, and could be wrong.

Posts: 25210 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
The four logical choices (to me) are ...

Kelly -- because Arizona.
Whitmer -- because Michigan.
Shapiro -- because Pennsylvania.

Beshear -- wild card. Could negate the fake-hillbilly Vance and possibly make some southern states interesting.

Edit:

Let me add Roy Cooper -- North Carolina. Could be a twofer. Make North Carolina viable AND smack the fake hillbilly Vance.

Cooper is 67. Beshear is 46. Gotta go with the young guy and keep the sharp contrast with Trump.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
That's one way to think about it.

Another is that Cooper could flip NC temporarily blue. Beashear is unlikely to win Kentucky for the Dems in a presidential election.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I don’t think nc is ready to go blue yet. And VPs don’t often flip states. But Cooper is a good speaker with a drawl. Very energetic.

I’m loving the red freak out, though. You’re gonna try to prove Joe is incompetent and needs to resign the presidency? Do they really think turning Harris into the president now benefits them?

I think Harris is going to get a second look by people who are tired of Trump.