well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Holy carp, he did it.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy carp, he did it.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
!!

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The letter.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
It's all our fault, you know. He was reading WTF for the past few weeks! Wink

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Biden endorses Kamala ...

quote:
My fellow Democrats, I have decided not to accept the nomination and to focus all my energies on my duties as President for the remainder of my term. My very first decision as the party nominee in 2020 was to pick Kamala Harris as my Vice President. And it’s been the best decision I’ve made. Today I want to offer my full support and endorsement for Kamala to be the nominee of our party this year. Democrats — it’s time to come together and beat Trump. Let’s do this.

That's good. Minimize chaos at the convention. Hopefully, this will happen without any fuss and Kamala can focus on selecting a VP that will create some momentum and keep the spotlight on the positives.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Called it.

Kamala, where should I send my check?

Posts: 19832 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kamala, where should I send my check?

Literally thinking the same thing!!!

Where is the best place to donate?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Republicans now demanding that Joe step down from the presidency.

Weird.

Are they unclear on who becomes president if Joe resigns or is removed under 25th amendment?

Posts: 19832 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Let them spout off, and let Joe address it, while VP Harris goes on the campaign trail.

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are they unclear on who becomes president if Joe resigns or is removed under 25th amendment?

Also, yes, this.

You can't fix stupid.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Kamala or someone must get the nomination. Then there will be emails I am sure. Maybe the DNC can collect for the coming candidate.
The FEC chair declared that the current funds for the candidates must be returned. I don't know whether he has the power to do that. He has said other things that were carp.
Maybe there will be a fight in court that will be delayed and delayed.
The DNC letter I got today said the funds were for Biden. I am going to wait to send $$$.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25850 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
After the striking down of Roe v Wade I would love to see this become the year of the woman. Harris/Whitmer.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Whitmer bailed on running against Harris. I think others will also bail quickly.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
great. a coronation. just the thing to whip up enthusiasm. not.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21538 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Great. a coronation. just the thing to avoid chaos and get everyone's eyes on the prize. Big Grin

I think the hoopla now needs to be on the ticket and getting all the traditional voting groups energized.

The party also needs to begin ad campaigns that hit the other side's weaknesses (Trump is old, doncha know?) while minimizing harm from the other side's attacks.