well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My health news (not great)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My health news (not great)
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I agree with everybody else who wants you to be checked out medically, but I don't discount the possibility of your home situation being a factor.

During my divorce, it was like my body was melting away. I lost twenty-five pounds quickly without trying. It got to the point where people who knew me well were asking if I was okay. The more irksome thing was that my doctor didn't even ask if I'd been trying to lose weight. She just presumed I was happy about it, despite the fact that I had been well within a normal-to-thin weight range before.

Go get checked out and let us know how you're doing. Emotions are powerful things.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15521 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Sorry you’re not feeling well, Daniel. I agree with others: get checked out. I hope it’s just stress, which can be dealt with. Still hard, though.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9808 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’m with the others - glad you are getting it checked out, but in the past, extreme stress and depression due to relationship troubles made me completely lose my appetite and lose a bunch of weight. Hope that’s the reason, and you can just focus on your mental health. Take care, Daniel! ♥️

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20476 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone!

I don't want to sound ingenious but your moral support and advice mean a lot to me. ❤️

I've lost .5 lbs since starting this thread. I have food. I just don't want eat. I'm having trouble sleeping and when I do sleep just don't want to get out of bed.

RM's mother took me to the store yesterday. I told her (this was when I was on the verge of panic, RM called her, then asked me if I was ready to go, and I had a minute to get ready) I thought I was starving. She said, "Who's fault is that?," and the conversation went downhill from there.

She said she knew she was making a mistake when she took her name off our home and put mine on it. She said, "That was for (her son's name here). It wasn't for you."

But she did it, and her son didn't have a legal or moral right to demand I leave. He did this a year ago.

I took his name off because he was going to do the same and then evict me.

I put his name on again as a joint owner (not a co-owner).

This 'proved' to him and his mother I was a bad person (I don't know how else to say it-- he's called me "evil" and every name in the book).

The fact he started this drama is nothing he or his mother seems capable of or willing to consider.

It's challenging.

So, I might have to force myself to eat soon. Lol.

Posts: 24797 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I prescribe ice cream and chocolate. Spoil yourself.
Hope a silver lining to all this appears soon.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25730 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry you’re going through this, Daniel. We’re all very fond of you.

Posts: 19765 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Chas and Cindy. Smiler

Posts: 24797 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post