well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Apollo Expression Piano Service Manual

The Apollo-Phone, a Combined Player Piano and Phonograph

The Apollo Concert Grand Piano Player - DeKalb, Illinois, c. 1904.

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
RCA Electric Piano by Story & Clark ART DECO
caption reads:
This beautiful ART DECO piano made by Story & Clark,
called "STORYTONE" was built in 1939. It is the FIRST ELECTRONIC PIANO ever produced by RCA, exhibited
at the WORLD'S FAIR RCA Pavilion, creating a sensation!
RCA electrified it, making it the first ever electronic piano!
Each tone has an individual electronic pick up
and the sound is reproduced through the amplifier.

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Piano creation takes the cake

The Centre at Kerikeri has taken delivery of its new Steinway D concert grand piano.
To celebrate the Kerikeri National Piano Competition turning 21, competition organiser Clare Penny has commissioned this record-breaking ‘Steinway’ birthday cake.
Expected to stretch to nearly 2 metres, and tip the scales at 75kg, the chocolate and almond creation will be cut by competition patron Michael Houstoun at a celebratory reception to follow the final on Sunday, July 6.

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
Found together:

--------------------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Very nice, that man with the grand above, would he be the piano mover..

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Frederick Daniel Hardy - The Piano Tuner
1881 - Oil on canvas
Hardy was the son of a professional musician and studied at the Academy of Music (in Hanover Square) before turning to painting by 1846. Apart from its realism this painting is noted for its wonderful lighting effects.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Weiss Klavier, Modell M120 1960

Have a look at this piano, never seen anything like it, I am guessing the method here is to get more speaking length for the strings.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I have a client with a Zwicki upright the same as that one. It is a 76? note keyboard, so the lowest strings take full advantage of the extra length afforded by this design. A pretty good sounding mini-piano. The main problem in tuning is the friction around the 90 degree bend as the strings get a little older. A little lubrication really helps!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7559 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
If you're cold then make a hot drink; get down the Cafe Music tin and feast on some cake and biccys

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Here We Are - Conroy/Sanderson

Lesley Sanderson and Neil Conroy take over Pitzhanger Manor-House and Gallery with a series of works exploring physical displacement, used metaphorically to suggest an anxiety about how one is positioned within specific societies.
In this image the artists take the convention of the private recital, but then disrupt this with an elongated, blue, eyeless hood. The artists aimed to disturb a scene that usually elevates and preserves privilege, the respectable and the historical by an interjection that undermines those values. They also wanted to point to situations within the contemporary world where people are disempowered.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Kawai Grand Piano
Note: For relative size indication, girl in photo is 1 year old.

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Yo Brian! You haven't run out of pictures now, have you?

Wink

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
You may find pianos in unexpected places in the environment...

So, is there a piano in this picture? Inquiring minds want to know!

(SK, regular PPOD lurker!)

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18602 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
You may find pianos in unexpected places in the environment...

quote:
So, is there a piano in this picture? Inquiring minds want to know!

Yes the idea here is the 'fence' that runs across the lower part of the picture - the faint segmentation suggests individual keys - how a piano keyboard looks when viewed "edge-on" from the front.

It is similar in concept to the photo someone posted a while ago of glass windows on a high-rise building. The particular way the windows were viewed suggested a piano keyboard with the pattern-alone aspect of white and black keys.

Also, OperaTenor, I was just hoping others would post something so I am not seen as hogging everything, which is a plausable statement. I am thinking of all the pianists and techs out there who see a zillion more pianos than I ever would know about. All I am doing is a few searches on Google. I have some more photos to come, some very startling ones. It appears very difficult to find those lovely artcase types from the industrial revolution era. The idea of 'piano' is treated in various ways by many curious-minded people exploring its significance in human history.

One day I will run out, but then how big is Google? Or more importantly, how effectively can google be used to find what you want? This is a VERY major flaw of the searchengine concept and is very frustrating. Most of what I have found is by pure chance and happenstance...

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Its that Dingo-singing piano-dog again!
On the way back to Alice Springs. Interesting story: the owner of this dingo and rest stop/restaurant/gift shop (standing to the right of the piano) is the son of the original explorer of Kings Canyon, who had leased the land from its owners. When the lease was up, the owners wanted it back as he had done such a great job making it available to the public as a tourist destination, building roads and hiking trails and such. He was so mad that he tore down everything he could and stomped off to live between the canyon and Alice Springs. His son now runs his property and has acquired this dingo who, like some dogs, loves to sing. His name is Dinky the Singing Dingo and will sing along to the piano. He has become a tourist attraction in his own right, even appearing in a Trivial Pursuit question! (Fellow busmate Amy plays to get him going.)