well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
They're springing up all over.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I have one on my street in front of a home with small children..I generally put books in the LFL in front of our city Boys and Girls Club..Still.. I LOVE LFL's!

I have tried to look some locations up, though not all are registered..

You can find some near you on this Little Free Library Map

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
From Saturday's walk:

The lilacs are lovely this year; wherever I walk I'm catching their wonderful scent.

It's also iris time!

And the peonies are just starting:

Someone with a nerdy sense of humor:

Hopefully you can see the address number here:

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
We had a mini reunion this weekend....Long time forumites, Peggy, yours truly and KathyK. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Smiler

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the pictures.
Don't get the 314 reference. It was my area code for years.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Enjoyed the pictures.
There's a pi over the garage.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Enjoyed the pictures.
There's a pi over the garage.

Ha, did not see the symbol

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Walking the neighborhood, lots of families are celebrating their kids HS Graduation during a pandemic.

This family has a sense of humor about it. Smiler

MillCityGrows.org

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
https://drive.google.com/file/...fV/view?usp=drivesdk

The badge on my neighbor's Bentley. Not something you see every day. This is a used convertible with a W12. It doesn't compare well in build quality with the discontinued coach built Mulsannes IMO but I'm not in the market.

He also has an Audi A5 S with a normally aspirated 8 cylinder engine. This is a dream car to me but his least favorite automobile of three cars and a truck. Go figure.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post

This evening a car slammed into the side of the Lutheran church across the street while the Christmas Eve service was going on. It tore through a steel guardrail and iron fence, breaking through a basement-level window.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

This evening a car slammed into the side of the Lutheran church across the street while the Christmas Eve service was going on. It tore through a steel guardrail and iron fence, breaking through a basement-level window.

YIKES! Was the driver seriously injured?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I heard the driver was a pregnant woman who walked away unscathed, though she went to the hospital.

This intersection is not the usual cross, the streets are offset. There is a gap between the sidewalk and church, so surprised the car flew over it. Our own house has been hit a couple of times.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Wow.