well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ever find recipes you can't wait to try?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever find recipes you can't wait to try?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I made this Raw Asparagus Salad last night. Utterly delicious with grilled wahoo...

https://www.wpr.org/recipe-raw...mbs-walnuts-and-mint

Please reassure me all the ingredients are food stuffs! Eeker

What ingredients are you questioning? It all looks like food to me.

Big Al

Well, what edible is a "wahoo", grilled or not? Blink

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I made this Raw Asparagus Salad last night. Utterly delicious with grilled wahoo...

https://www.wpr.org/recipe-raw...mbs-walnuts-and-mint

Please reassure me all the ingredients are food stuffs! Eeker

What ingredients are you questioning? It all looks like food to me.

Big Al

Well, what edible is a "wahoo", grilled or not? Blink

Wahoo is a fish. wiki for wahoo

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7400 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I'm making this for the second time tonight. So delicious that even MFR, the world's least fan of salmon, likes it. Cut the salt down to a few sprinkles. 1/2 tsp is WAY WAY too much. Also very easy. You could probably use honey, but I always have agave nectar. Much lower glycemic index. For Costcoites, Kirkland Rose Prosecco is great.

Sadly, it is TOO F****** HOT to eat on the deck tonight.

https://plumscooking.com/recipes/agave-lime-salmon/

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Our local Costco currently has Copper River salmon for $14.99/lb. And I’m sipping some of that rosé prosecco right now; I bought a bottle to sample. It’s nice, and very affordable. Perfect house bubbly.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9798 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That salmon looks great. And have added the prosecco to my Costco list.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37872 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
The regular prosecco is very good too. But I think the rose is a little better. Certainly was with salmon.

The other benefit is prosecco is lower alcohol, like 11% as opposed to normally around 14%.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

Backstory: https://www.atlasobscura.com/p...ie-recipe-gravestone

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37872 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I like that the recipe calls for oleo.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Jalapeno poppers

https://www.swankyrecipes.com/jalapeno-poppers.html

I know where you can get jalapenos for a quarter each. And great bacon. And cheddar cheese.

I bet they also sell cream cheese....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I haven’t made those in a while. Thanks for reminding me!

Yummy

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yowza! Had these appetizers at my niece/nephew’s grad party and I can’t wait to make more! They seem like something y’all would like.

Slice a baguette in to rounds. Maybe toast them, maybe not.

Grill some round peach slices - just enough to make grill marks.

Slather each piece of bread with burrata cheese. Place a peach slice on top of the cheese. Drizzle each one with honey. Place a single leaf of basil on top of the honey. Yummy

Each piece is about two bites. Sharon thinks the basil should be chopped to make it easier to get basil with both bites. I think the single leaf looks so cool I’m not messing with it.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That does sound great. Costco has Bel Gioioso burrata. It's peach season; I'll have to try that recipe...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Just used up my last burrata last night on top of a burst cherry tomato basil sauce. Yum.

But I found this light recipe for chicken marsala to be excellent. I used a sweet marsala, which I prefer to the dry in these recipes.

https://www.cookinglight.com/r...uick-chicken-marsala

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
This one’s on repeat at our house:

Lemony orzo with asparagus and garlic bread crumbs

The bread crumbs are great sprinkled on anything, and there’s more than enough for this dish.

This is a 20 minute dinner, perfect. Or a great side to some protein on the grill.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9798 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Might be a little tricky because of the current sriracha shortage, but this sounds like fun.

Bahn Mi Hot Dogs with Sriracha Mayo

Bazootiehead-in-training