well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ever find recipes you can't wait to try?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever find recipes you can't wait to try?
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Tonight I’m making Sheet Pan Coriander Chicken from the NYTimes, Melissa Clark. I like most of her stuff. I just happen to have both chicken and brussels sprouts in the fridge, and Mr. AM didn’t want soy sauce chicken tonight. (Too soon; we had that last week, too.)

I think I’ve made this before, a long time ago, after a friend made it for us at Crafty Moms weekend.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
How was it?

I found another one, a winter squash and spinach pasta bake.

I love the description of "savory fall decadence".

https://smittenkitchen.com/202...source=pocket-newtab

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I like squash but it isn't really a thing here. Zucchini maybe, but not proper squash like butternut or acorn.

Once we settle in I may have to see what I can do with it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Kabocha.

Delicata.

You'll love them.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
We had a bumper crop of squash this year so I am always looking for ways to use them.

Tried this one last night, skipped the chickpeas and put in chopped kale instead. It is delish. Yankee Magazine has never let me down with their recipes. Yes

Roasted Squash Apples Grain Bowl

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for something healthy, you can skip this post....

Blueberry-Lemon Pie Bars

Sunken Apple and Honey Cake

Russian Honey Cake

Bazootiehead-in-training

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I had a ton of green cherry tomatoes, so I made green tomato salsa.

I actually had to make it twice; it was too thick and dry, even after processing, so I dumped it all back into the pot the next day, added water, simmered, and re-processed. Now it has the right texture.

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hmm....I have a bunch of little green tomatoes...but probably not nearly enough for that recipe, or even half. But I'll file it away.

And another one to add to the list of future experiments:

Instead of Indian Butter Chicken...

Butter Cauliflower

Bazootiehead-in-training

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Hmm....I have a bunch of little green tomatoes...but probably not nearly enough for that recipe, or even half. But I'll file it away.

And another one to add to the list of future experiments:

Instead of Indian Butter Chicken...

Butter Cauliflower

That sounds great.

Oh, and the coriander chicken was delicious!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
This one maybe isn't a "can't wait" but I found it fascinating.

I wonder who invented butter....

quote:
How To Make Butter (and Cultured Butter!)

An easy, no-shaking-jars method for this DIY treat.

https://getpocket.com/explore/...source=pocket-newtab

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't do so many noodles and 6 ounces of cheese sounds crazy, but otherwise this combo sounds great to me:

https://manischewitz.com/recipes/tunanoodlefrittata/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Lighthouse Potatoes. A feast of dairy.

https://www.grandpacooks.com/recipes/lighthouse/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I made this one (butternut squash again) to bring as a side dish for Tday. It went over very well. Oldest loved it and went back for thirds..not overly sweet despite the ingredients.

Tonight I have finally finished off the squash in the fridge with a variation on butternut squash soup minus the butter to keep it vegan. I added an apple and some cinnimon as well. This for a potluck "Tday Leftover Party" at a neighbor's..only vaccinated folks invited. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Another potato dairy nightmare. Hasselback Potato Gratin.

https://getpocket.com/explore/...source=pocket-newtab

In case you're wondering about all the potato recipes....we have several bags of spuds that we got from our CSA farmer that we have to do something with....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
This recipe was a hit with the football crowd:

Lasagna Soup

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post