well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Real Estate..Show Us Your Local Listing
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Real Estate..Show Us Your Local Listing
 Login/Join
 
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I would completely agree that separate baths are a key factor in happy marriages.

I was living with my intended in a one bath apartment when she insisted I enter to see her in curlers seated on the throne. The image ever left my mind.

We did not marry. There are just things one need not see. You know they occur, but seeing them is not a good thing


--------------------------------
“Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.” - David Icke

 
Posts: 12894 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
separate baths are a key factor in happy marriages


Some days, it feels like separate houses are a key factor in happy marriages Big Grin

(fortunately, not very often)
 
Posts: 34868 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I would completely agree that separate baths are a key factor in happy marriages.

I was living with my intended in a one bath apartment when she insisted I enter to see her in curlers seated on the throne. The image ever left my mind.

We did not marry. There are just things one need not see. You know they occur, but seeing them is not a good thing


Well, you've brought up a completely different issue than I had in mind.

I was thinking more of turn-offs from the Chinese water torture effect, of one spouse being markedly more of a neatnik than the other - leaving hair on the soap, wet towels on the floor, hogging the cosmetics shelves, etc. (And as for use of the toilet, there we get into overlap territory of sloppiness and the destruction of romantic dreams.)

(Find myself suddenly remembering the Mrs. Maisel skit, where she - alarm set - jumps out of their shared bed at bed time and again, before he awakens, to set her hair, perfect - then remove - her make-up, cream her face then remove it the cream/replace her make-up before he wakes up - satire of 50s ideal of the "always fresh" young wife.)

Only bodily functions are all that (the artifice of beauty) and more, in terms of keeping hubby enchanted with his high-maintenance fantasies.

REALLY, Mik? That bespeaks a wife who would have to dose herself well with Beano, lest her bodily reality sneak out and destroy her husband's illusion! (And a husband who certainly NEVER accompanies his wife giving birth...

Admittedly, I thought exactly the same as a teenager, but at some point reality supervened! Roll Eyes


--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

 
Posts: 14028 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
https://www.zillow.com/homedet...8028/48882215_zpid/?

I would buy this in a heartbeat… if I planned to stay in the Seattle area.


--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

 
Posts: 29601 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Back on page 4 of this topic, the Staten Island house has been sold (circa $950K). The new owners have cleared out the massive trees (which folks here understandably disliked) and widened the driveway. To their credit they have kept and retouched or repainted the exterior and Craftsman-era shutters. There are workers there almost every day. Wonder what their plans are for the side lawn where big fir trees were removed. There are limitations on what they can do because this is an official historic district.

We live right nearby, so have a front row seat. Stay tuned.


--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

 
Posts: 13115 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
https://www.zillow.com/homedet...8028/48882215_zpid/?

I would buy this in a heartbeat… if I planned to stay in the Seattle area.


Lovely landscaping.

I'm astonished at suburban housing costs in/near the big cities. I know I shouldn't be.

That place is offered at nearly $600 per square foot.
 
Posts: 11761 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
https://www.zillow.com/homedet...8028/48882215_zpid/?

I would buy this in a heartbeat… if I planned to stay in the Seattle area.


I think the exterior landscaping is lovely although I'd be wary of the two trees that overhang the roof of the house to a very great degree. The garage seems nice enough, but I don't see anything special to note in the interior.

Big Al


--------------------------------
Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

 
Posts: 6983 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
https://www.zillow.com/homedet...8028/48882215_zpid/?

I would buy this in a heartbeat… if I planned to stay in the Seattle area.


I love the landscaping too!

But why are there like 10 cars at the house next door?


--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

 
Posts: 17085 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I would completely agree that separate baths are a key factor in happy marriages.

I was living with my intended in a one bath apartment when she insisted I enter to see her in curlers seated on the throne. The image ever left my mind.

We did not marry. There are just things one need not see. You know they occur, but seeing them is not a good thing


Well, you've brought up a completely different issue than I had in mind.

I was thinking more of turn-offs from the Chinese water torture effect, of one spouse being markedly more of a neatnik than the other - leaving hair on the soap, wet towels on the floor, hogging the cosmetics shelves, etc. (And as for use of the toilet, there we get into overlap territory of sloppiness and the destruction of romantic dreams.)

(Find myself suddenly remembering the Mrs. Maisel skit, where she - alarm set - jumps out of their shared bed at bed time and again, before he awakens, to set her hair, perfect - then remove - her make-up, cream her face then remove it the cream/replace her make-up before he wakes up - satire of 50s ideal of the "always fresh" young wife.)

Only bodily functions are all that (the artifice of beauty) and more, in terms of keeping hubby enchanted with his high-maintenance fantasies.

REALLY, Mik? That bespeaks a wife who would have to dose herself well with Beano, lest her bodily reality sneak out and destroy her husband's illusion! (And a husband who certainly NEVER accompanies his wife giving birth...

Admittedly, I thought exactly the same as a teenager, but at some point reality supervened! Roll Eyes
Whoa, there, hoss. That wasn't why we didn't marry. It had more to do with Catholic (her) versus heathen (me).


--------------------------------
“Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.” - David Icke

 
Posts: 12894 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
New on the market in my region, but not my neighborhood:

https://us-east.prospects.com/...Vx4lnBds7YxqCg%3D%3D

I remember this house being featured in a local publication when it was first built.

Big Al


--------------------------------
Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

 
Posts: 6983 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I love the overall style and the fact that it's nestled in the woods, and the floor to ceiling windows in many rooms. The atrium and all the niches are also nice.

I might have done a few things a little differently, like the range hood and some of the flooring (I think those may just be relics from the 70s when it was built) but overall it's pretty close to move-in ready for me.

The narrow vertical window is a brilliant architectural touch.


--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training



 
Posts: 34945 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Nice house! I especially like the setting.

Odd that they chose to use arched doorways - they don't fit with the rest of the style.


--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

 
Posts: 33295 | Location: Yorba Linda, CA | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
quote:
separate baths are a key factor in happy marriages


Some days, it feels like separate houses are a key factor in happy marriages Big Grin

(fortunately, not very often)


Have long believed that the best home for me with a partner would be a duplex, each of us owning one side with no interior door to join the halves. Smiler


--------------------------------
""The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits" -Albert Einstein

 
Posts: 24660 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
A long time neighbor that I barely know was pulling a flyer out of the realtor's box in front of the townhome identical to his, but on the other end of the quadplex. The listing was a surprise. The price is laughably high.
The neighbor was walking toward me and said, "Have you seen this?"
I laughed, "I hope they get it."
I don't think of homes as investments, but am glad I bought this one.


--------------------------------
""The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits" -Albert Einstein

 
Posts: 24660 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I like that photo WTG posted from the listing, and the windows are great. But that is waaaaay too much brick for me!


--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

 
Posts: 17085 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 
 

    well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Real Estate..Show Us Your Local Listing