well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Elizabeth Warren
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elizabeth Warren
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
I feel compelled to note that I've decided not to vote for Elizabeth Warren.

You?

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
If she's the nominee against Trump, I will vote for her. Full stop.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

Plus a hundred gazillion.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

Yes

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:

You?

Please no!

A "no" vote, or a vote for a 3rd party candidate is a vote for more of the tRumpublican madness...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Ditto. I'll vote for the nominee.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
quote:

You?

Please no!

A "no" vote, or a vote for a 3rd party candidate is a vote for more of the tRumpublican madness...

But there is no "no" vote!

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Mark this day well. Daniel and I agree.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
You’re both wrong. You should be more used to it than Daniel.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Daniel and I live in solid blue states. We can not vote for a particular nominee.

I couldn’t pull a lever for her or Bernie. And in NY there’s no risk to that. And as an added bonus, it really pisses Quirt off.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Mmmm, I'm giving her a second look. As best I can tell, she has charisma, and charisma wins elections.

Jon, I wouldn't worry too much about her more nutty proposals. None of that stuff will get past the senate, so there is nothing to fear.

I really do not like Bernie, but I would pull the lever for him even though I live in a blue state. I would do it on principle.

And that principle is that Dems need to stop acting like morons and doing things that help *horrible* people get elected.

I say any Dem who doesn't step up and vote for the Dem nominee shares the responsibility for our country's failure to address climate change, the roll-back of abortion protection, gerrymandering, and voter suppression.

For starters.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Ok, yes I understand being in a blue state myself that it really doesn't matter if I vote for the Dem candidate at the top or not...

But I think part of what went wrong last time had to do with the lack of enthusiasm for Clinton once she became the nominee. (I wasn't very helpful there) As much as I hate the tribalism of the tRumpublican party, I think many of us could learn from them in winning elections.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Wow, good points, Ron.

Mik, do you think Republicans are more or less tribal than Democrats? I really wonder about this.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

I wouldn't worry too much about her more nutty proposals. None of that stuff will get past the senate, so there is nothing to fear.

I really do not like Bernie, but I would pull the lever for him even though I live in a blue state. I would do it on principle.

And that principle is that Dems need to stop acting like morons and doing things that help *horrible* people get elected.

I say any Dem who doesn't step up and vote for the Dem nominee shares the responsibility for our country's failure to address climate change, the roll-back of abortion protection, gerrymandering, and voter suppression.

For starters.

All of this is exactly right.

People in blue states don't have the luxury of opting out of this choice, because it'll just encourage people in other places ... places where every vote matters ... to do likewise.

And, if you really are going to refuse to vote for the Democratic nominee ... just shut the hell up about it. Don't encourage others to follow that kind of lead.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow, good points, Ron.

Mik, do you think Republicans are more or less tribal than Democrats? I really wonder about this.

Not one iota less. The difference is the GOP holds the office today. That will be hard to give up on. In 2016 the office was going to change and the assumption was Clinton would win. 2020 is very different, although I think there is still a “surely he could’t win TWICE” assumption that is a problem for Democrats.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post