well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Elizabeth Warren

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/4231014366

18 June 2019, 05:58 PM
Daniel
Elizabeth Warren
I feel compelled to note that I've decided not to vote for Elizabeth Warren.

You?
18 June 2019, 06:33 PM
Mary Anna
If she's the nominee against Trump, I will vote for her. Full stop.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

18 June 2019, 06:51 PM
ShiroKuro
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

Plus a hundred gazillion.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

18 June 2019, 07:35 PM
Piano*Dad
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

Yes
18 June 2019, 07:36 PM
rontuner
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:

You?

Please no!

A "no" vote, or a vote for a 3rd party candidate is a vote for more of the tRumpublican madness...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

18 June 2019, 07:42 PM
Bernard
Ditto. I'll vote for the nominee.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

18 June 2019, 07:48 PM
Daniel
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
quote:

You?

Please no!

A "no" vote, or a vote for a 3rd party candidate is a vote for more of the tRumpublican madness...

But there is no "no" vote!
18 June 2019, 08:02 PM
Mikhailoh
Mark this day well. Daniel and I agree.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

18 June 2019, 08:19 PM
QuirtEvans
You’re both wrong. You should be more used to it than Daniel.
18 June 2019, 08:35 PM
jon-nyc
Daniel and I live in solid blue states. We can not vote for a particular nominee.

I couldn’t pull a lever for her or Bernie. And in NY there’s no risk to that. And as an added bonus, it really pisses Quirt off.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

18 June 2019, 09:43 PM
Cindysphinx
Mmmm, I'm giving her a second look. As best I can tell, she has charisma, and charisma wins elections.

Jon, I wouldn't worry too much about her more nutty proposals. None of that stuff will get past the senate, so there is nothing to fear.

I really do not like Bernie, but I would pull the lever for him even though I live in a blue state. I would do it on principle.

And that principle is that Dems need to stop acting like morons and doing things that help *horrible* people get elected.

I say any Dem who doesn't step up and vote for the Dem nominee shares the responsibility for our country's failure to address climate change, the roll-back of abortion protection, gerrymandering, and voter suppression.

For starters.
18 June 2019, 10:18 PM
rontuner
Ok, yes I understand being in a blue state myself that it really doesn't matter if I vote for the Dem candidate at the top or not...

But I think part of what went wrong last time had to do with the lack of enthusiasm for Clinton once she became the nominee. (I wasn't very helpful there) As much as I hate the tribalism of the tRumpublican party, I think many of us could learn from them in winning elections.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

18 June 2019, 10:40 PM
Daniel
Wow, good points, Ron.

Mik, do you think Republicans are more or less tribal than Democrats? I really wonder about this.
19 June 2019, 12:36 AM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

I wouldn't worry too much about her more nutty proposals. None of that stuff will get past the senate, so there is nothing to fear.

I really do not like Bernie, but I would pull the lever for him even though I live in a blue state. I would do it on principle.

And that principle is that Dems need to stop acting like morons and doing things that help *horrible* people get elected.

I say any Dem who doesn't step up and vote for the Dem nominee shares the responsibility for our country's failure to address climate change, the roll-back of abortion protection, gerrymandering, and voter suppression.

For starters.

All of this is exactly right.

People in blue states don't have the luxury of opting out of this choice, because it'll just encourage people in other places ... places where every vote matters ... to do likewise.

And, if you really are going to refuse to vote for the Democratic nominee ... just shut the hell up about it. Don't encourage others to follow that kind of lead.
19 June 2019, 06:52 AM
Mikhailoh
quote:
Wow, good points, Ron.

Mik, do you think Republicans are more or less tribal than Democrats? I really wonder about this.

Not one iota less. The difference is the GOP holds the office today. That will be hard to give up on. In 2016 the office was going to change and the assumption was Clinton would win. 2020 is very different, although I think there is still a “surely he could’t win TWICE” assumption that is a problem for Democrats.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch