well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Piano Party this Saturday 3/28/2020
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano Party this Saturday 3/28/2020
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The banjo sounded ok? (My playing is a question for another time.)

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That was awesome! Need to work on some Schumann for the next one.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
That was fun! Let's do it again soon.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
My old ukulele group has been trying this too. Next time we’ll join you guys.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20461 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the pics! Boy, some of you have changed since I last saw you!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Thanks for sharing the pics! Boy, some of you have changed since I last saw you!

Big Grin

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ax, thanks for organizing this!!

I was great to visit with all of you that came!! Maybe next time we can figure out how to have better audio. But even if not, we should do it again!! Smiler

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Gad all went well.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13559 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I said I was leaving the party to bake bagels, and I did!

Bagels! by pianomom2001, on Flickr

Finished just in time for dinner, with split pea soup and ginger plum jam (made last summer).

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Want to thank the pianists that played.
Hope the sound problem can be worked out.
Maybe someone on Piano World knows what to do.

markj,
Enjoyed your guitar music a lot. Thanks

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Never mind. I hit quote instead of edit.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13559 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
My old ukulele group has been trying this too. Next time we’ll join you guys.

I was hoping you would be on the call.. This inspired me to break out my own uke tonight to revisit.

I see from AdadioM's screen shot..all you can see is my living room wall! I may have had to get up to answer a call... bad timing..

GREAT to see DOUG again!

I have to thank Ax for setting this up and for his wardrobe..He did the perfect webcam meeting in robe and pjs! ROTFLMAO

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I was the first one to show up at the meeting. Ax and I and toasted each other with our respective beverages. Mine was an Aperol spritzer. Ax had a....

Cheers!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hey Ax, I’ve been thinking about our audio problem. It seems like there are three core issues: 1) the mic/ equipment of an individual participant, 2) the internet speed and stability for each participant, and 3) the platform prioritizing audio from a single source rather than switching back and forth rapidly among different participants. Anything missing from this list?

We can’t really do anything about 1 and 2. And, more to the point, that shouldn’t actually be a limiting factor. People do FB livestreams and the like with no problem. So it’s really #3 that we need to focus on, and that’s the one thing we might be able to tweak.

Googling around, here one idea, could this be one way to improve/acquire consistent audio for the person playing?
quote:
You can also pin a video to disable active speaker and make one participant the main speaker on your device. If you are the host, you can spotlight a video for all participants. This will disable active speaker and make one person the main speaker for all participants.

Here:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-...ut-?mobile_site=true

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
SK, did Ax try that by muting everyone except the player for one of the performances?

Hey, it was Piano Day yesterday; the 88th day of the year!

Keyboard Jam

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post