well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    Apple update
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple update
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Sweet Apple,

My sincerest wishes for an easy and graceful exit from this mortal world.

I will miss you.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of Nan W
posted Hide Post
Oh, Apple, I am so glad that our lives touched a little here. You are one of the most warm, caring and accepting people I have known, and I have both benefitted and learned from that. I will never forget your kindnesses when Mr. Nan was in the hospital.

You know how we all feel about you already, but I do hope that someone is reading you these messages, or telling you about them, so that you hear again how much you have meant to us.

Posts: 2350 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: 08 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post

Some of her artwork and her Estonia

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It is somehow now much harder to see that picture without her by her piano.

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
No one can say more with just two or three words.

This.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of josh
posted Hide Post
Facebook update:

I(n) reference to Mary's health. She is currently in bed, resting comfortably. please refrain from calling the home phone for concerns, e-mail and facebook are simply more convenient.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
does anyone have contact info for tomk? i thought i had his email but it must have been on an older computer. he might want to know...

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Good thinking, pique. I don't, Improv might next door though.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I started a thread for improv over there.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I sent Tomk a PM last night thinking he may get notice of it at an email address he is still using but have not heard back.

I forgot that Improv got together with him; I expect he has an email address or phone number.

jf

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
No one can say more with just two or three words.
Apple's passage will leave a gap that will not be filled.

This entire thread had me thinking Apple will like it...the short one line responses could be strung together in to a poem for her.

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
She's been so much to so many people here, at PW, at TNCR, and especially, in the real world. May she be joyously welcomed to Heaven with open arms.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Ycul. Lucy. Can someone contact her? I think she'd want to know.

Posts: 2482 | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blondie:
Ycul. Lucy. Can someone contact her? I think she'd want to know.

I used to have her email address but I can't find it.

jf

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
I feel like I'm losing a very special and true friend. It's so ironic how a relationship with such a rocky start blossomed into something very to treasure. We really did play a good trick on everyone at the NY party with our spat qua duet. The duet was my idea, but she added the theatrics - the flare up of flame wars on the forum a week or so before the party and her directive to me to rudely sidle into her on the piano bench , telling her she had been there long enough. I'm so glad I was able to get to visit her on her home turf and meet her family. They are all so wonderful, and I trust will do their best to take care of each other and together work to fill the big void she will leave. Darn, darn, darn, Apple - you're leaving this world much too soon! But, you have left an indelibly wonderful mark on it.

Klara was in exceptional form during my visit, doing flips and cartwheels to her mother's music

I think this is my favorite picture of Mary the Apple. This painting hung in the lobby of my hotel room in K City and it was pure serendipity.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post