well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    Apple update
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple update
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
mary,
we never got to meet in real life, and both of us counted on that happening one day.

but i feel as if i have known you long and well, and you are as real to me as if we had been neighbors all these years.

sending you love. i'm glad you are surrounded by those who love you.

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
apple, you are an artist of the internet, a kindrid spirit, and a wise woman who has taught me so much over the last ten years about how to think of and be in the world. I love you. You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

Posts: 24723 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
apple, thank you for sharing your warmth, your love and your music. love and peace to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsXQAhe8uYY

Posts: 37920 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
and I love how you look over and smile at the camera and then do a double take at the end here...

your love for music shows!

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Oh my god. This is the first I have heard about Mary. Amanda just messaged me.

Apple, I have no idea if I am in time for you to read any of this but I am sending all my love and strength and hope and peace with every fiber of my being.

It has been such an honour to know you, both in virtual space and in person.

Although I regret not having played the Fantasy with you as we had so often said we would, I am glad I was able to sit back and listen to you playing it with Kathy. That duet has engrained itself in my memory forever.

Sending you one of my big long-armed hugs, you beautiful lady.

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Mary playing my piano.

I am so sad tonight.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
It was Mary that inspired and encouraged me to learn the Goldberg Variations.

I love this video.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I cannot seem to post photos from photobucket to here. I am not sure if you can all see them from FB postings but I'll try one of Apple playing a solo at the NYC piano party. More are on her facbook page. That is Grotriman beside her.

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
May flights of angels sing you to your rest.

I'll offer prayers, both my own and in community, Mary. We've not had the opportunity to meet in this life. I hope to meet you in the next.

Big Al

Posts: 7409 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PianoWorld
posted Hide Post
I just heard. A lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.
Apple has been a welcomed member of the piano forums for over 10 years.

She is one of the nicest warmest funniest people I've ever "known".
I'd always hoped we could meet her one day.

Apple, you are well loved by many people who never even had the chance to meet you in person. May you find some comfort in that love and the love of all those who surround you now.

Posts: 2 | Location: Pompano Beach, FL | Registered: 11 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
I truly do not know what to say or do. I am so stricken by grief that the words won't come to me, and the tears just won't stop. Just the thought alone.... OK, I have to stop now.

My prayers are with Mary and her family.

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
No one can say more with just two or three words.
Apple's passage will leave a gap that will not be filled.

Posts: 25705 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Godspeed you Mary as you cross the veil 'tween here and there...

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with Mary, her family, and her friends.

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A post from one of apple's many, many friends on a breast cancer forum:

quote:
For those who may not know, there is a poetry thread here on BCO that Apple posted some of her poems to. I didn't post there but read all of the lovely poems written by others. Here's one from Apple that I particularly liked...

"May the voices and breath of our world that sigh
with the beauty, wonder and depth of the sky,
May the turnings of time and the lessons that lie
in the stones and the leaves and years passing by
lift up your spirit and fill your heart
with the knowing that you are a part
of all that we are and all we may be."

apple wrote many poems in the BCO poetry thread.

http://community.breastcancer....d=6&id=734703&page=1

Posts: 37920 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post