well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Another nice house in Illinois.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another nice house in Illinois.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
The dining room is epic but keep scrolling…

Plenty of room for a piano. Or several pianos.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I was going to say that 16 bathrooms was excessive, but then I saw the ... "pool room"...

Eeker

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
So many different styles in different rooms! Dining room: rococo.

I can just imagine my little Subaru Impreza in the garage…

hysteric

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
For people who like this kind of house, this is the kind of house they will like.

Realistically, that is a lot of house for the price, I think, but you would really need to like some of the features. The massive interior log trim and the jungle pool room come immediately to mind.

I wonder what the history of the property was if it was built in 1997, fell into ruin, and was then restored to its present state.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7400 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Here's the scoop:

https://www.chicagotribune.com...sted-for-35-million/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
The place does have an interesting history.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7400 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, that CT website may represent peak internet.

It’s so badly polluted with low grade advertising it’s close to unreadable.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I don't see any ads. I use Brave; I think it's wickedly efficient at blocking them.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I couldn’t read it at all until I shut off Adblock. Once I did that I still couldn’t read it.

I’ll have to try Brave.