well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Spring clean-up

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring clean-up
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
You’ve probably signed up for a lot of online services that you no longer use. Most of those accounts probably still exist, and they likely contain a mix of your personal data, identity details, and credit card numbers. Don’t leave juicy targets lying around for attackers.

https://www.howtogeek.com/7149...source=pocket-newtab

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
We are hiring the local auction company that handled my mother in law's house sale to come in and clean out our house. Auction what they can and toss the rest.

Not everything of course.

Just the hoarding mess. lol Seriously. We do not have **** stacked to the ceiling with pathways between towers of crap or anything. Just 34 years of accumulation. Add to that my tendency to get into quite a few endeavors... lol

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That's a great idea, mark.

We've been going through stuff in the basement and have sold some of it on craigslist and donated other bits to a charity resale shop. Had some good sales the last few weeks, big items like some lamps. Met a couple of nice Lithuanians, including one who gave us some fresh eggs from her chickens in exchange for something we were giving away for free. That was kind of cool.

Also going through some old boxes of papers from relatives who have been gone for long enough that I can get rid of their remaining paperwork.

It's a bit slow going, though. Wish I had the courage to just rip the band aid off like you're doing!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post