well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Good Republicans of Ohio ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Good Republicans of Ohio ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Protecting "Women's" Sports ...

It's all about signaling to the fearful, gullible, ignorant (and ignorantly religious) rural base that dominates Ohio politics via gerrymandering.

I'm pretty sure DeWine would veto this if the Ohio Senate followed along and approved it.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Have we talked here about the consequence of the Roe v Wade strikedown on NCAA sports? Apparently many female athletes who previously committed, or signed to play sports in a state likely to enact Draconian laws when RvW is gone are entering the transfer protocol or refusing to commit to schools in those states.

Does this mean the demise of the SEC? At least for women's sports? One can only hope so....

That Ohio law is just as you described it, P*D. It also doesn't begin to acknowledge the many flavors of biological sex. But that would be, you know, scientific and nuanced, exactly what this law is designed to avoid.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post