well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Photobucket phail
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket phail
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted
I can see that some of our friends here have custom avatars hosted by Photobucket, like I did.
WTG, Daniel...you’re blurry and watermarked!

I received an email saying that my account was over their 25mb limit for free access. I really don’t use photobucket any more except for a few stray avatars, so I went in and dumped a bunch of pictures. But my WTF avatar was still blurry, because Photobucket uses a rolling 30 day average. I don’t want to be blurry for a month!

So now I’m hosting my avatar on my blog site. I feel so crisp!

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Quite a while back I downloaded everything I had on PB. First they told me I could only have 250 images. So I went in and cut my bucket down below that. Then they said I could only have 25 MB and I had 265MB. So I deleted every damn picture I had. They are still sending emails that I am over the limit. Greedy bastards.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I have the same kind of thing going with Flickr. But I have a lot of photos on my blog that are hosted on Flickr, and I don’t have the time to go back and download and change them, so I’m paying for Flickr. I won’t pay for both Flickr and Photobucket, so Photobucket loses here.

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
I can see that some of our friends here have custom avatars hosted by Photobucket, like I did.
WTG, Daniel...you’re blurry and watermarked!

thanks for the heads up, AM. I didn't realize it was still on Photobucket; I stopped using it years ago when they stopped being free. I'm surprised that the avatar was still showing up.

I'll get around to fixing it one of these days...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37962 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mik, how did you download the images? I could find a way to do one at a time, but not a batch download. They've either disabled it or are hiding it somewhere....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37962 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I can't get in to my PB account at all. Passwords now require 6 characters and mine had only 5.

Oh well.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34976 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Steve, I stumbled upon this whilst looking for how to download bunches of pics. Maybe it will help you get back in?

https://secure.photobucket.com/forgot

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm doing this the hard way, cleaning up all the pics I don't want anymore, then downloading the ones I want to keep, one at a time...pant, pant....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Ha! That worked! Thanks WTG!

Now it says my account is restricted because I have too many pictures. I can't share or download anything.

To take the account off of restriction they want $4.99 per month. If I signed up for a month I could download all of my pictures and then delete enough pictures to keep the account active. The only reason I hesitate as it can be difficult to cancel monthly services like this once they get started.

Has anyone tried to cancel Photobucket?

Posts: 34976 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I'm doing this the hard way, cleaning up all the pics I don't want anymore, then downloading the ones I want to keep, one at a time...pant, pant....
Yep. That is how I did it. Another reason not to pay them - their platform is awful. I also have a problem with the fact that they attracted everyone by being free then locked up the pictures.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Ha! That worked! Thanks WTG!

Now it says my account is restricted because I have too many pictures. I can't share or download anything.

To take the account off of restriction they want $4.99 per month. If I signed up for a month I could download all of my pictures and then delete enough pictures to keep the account active. The only reason I hesitate as it can be difficult to cancel monthly services like this once they get started.

Has anyone tried to cancel Photobucket?
Yeah. I paid the one month, downloaded everything then quit. I think you should still be able to delete pics. You just have to get by their messages that try not to let you by without paying. I did that by clicking on library up at the top left.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
You can download, Steve. You have to go to each photo and then there's an option to download.

I'm deleting the stuff I don't want first; no problem doing that.

They made it as painful as possible to get your photos back. They keep popping up a message asking you to sign up or to remind you in five minutes. I keep clicking on the "remind in five minutes" option.

What a bunch of shysters.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Heh. Even if you sign up for a month you can only download one picture at a time and it's very, very slow.

Off to cancel the subscription.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Ugh.

I have most of those pictures elsewhere on my computer; I only put them on Photobucket so I could share them. Those shared picture posts would be so old, no one would be looking for them any more.

So I just took my avatar, and left my Pw ABForum medals (which will be blurry for a month).

I understand that they need money, but it’s not a user-friendly platform, so I won’t pay for it. So many other hosting options that actually work.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I wanted to leave an appropriate message for Photobucket as my last remaining image. Unfortunately I could not find one and was too lazy to create it.