well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The World

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The World
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:

It’s a floating city exclusively home to the 1%, a playground for multimillionaires and billionaires that circumnavigates the world’s oceans.

Welcome to The World, an exclusive private residential ship home to 165 superluxe apartments. This vessel is shrouded in secrecy and buying a condo on board is an invite-only situation – you’ve got to be nominated by one resident and seconded by another. A net worth of a cool $10 million is said to be compulsory.

If you’re imagining decadent parties, filled with intrigue and free-flowing champagne – essentially a maritime episode of the HBO series “The White Lotus” – you’re perhaps not far off, at least according to one ex-passenger’s account.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/wha...placement=newsletter

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37887 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I could find ways to live I'd find more enjoyable if I had the means.

It's very intense and difficult to describe what it's like to live on a small island and I'd imagine living on a small man made island or ship would have the same psychological challenges.

The best way I can describe it is to say an existential crisis can hit a person if there is a natural or man made disaster and nowhere to run.

I imagine these people might have yachts and helicopters but no matter. I couldn't make myself do it.

Posts: 24717 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post