well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Only 4 million+

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Only 4 million+
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
See picture #6 and the ceilings
Picture #6 shows the back of the place.
Awkward much?

See the slide?

The ceilings in my living room and garage have the same look? Did they have a flood too??

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25714 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Take the elevator upstairs and the slide down....Killer views but the rest of the house leaves me a bit cold. I like minimalist, but this one is a bit too industrial.

About the city....I love Madison. We have a some friends who live there, and I have to admit I've actually toyed with the idea of moving there. They have Costco, Trader Joe's and Candinas (fabulous chocolates). What more could one ask for?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Why, why, why does everyone think that a house ready for sale is ALL gray..Gad..I am so sick of it. Shrug

I want to see warm wood, colors, preserved history, something that touches the heart.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Why, why, why does everyone think that a house ready for sale is ALL gray..Gad..I am so sick of it. Shrug

I want to see warm wood, colors, preserved history, something that touches the heart.

+1+1+1

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25714 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I think that house would be less industrial with different ceilings on the main level.

And BL, I'm with you, I don't need to see another gray interior. Ever.

But there is a lot of love about this house. I love the outside, the views (the neighborhood!).... And I would get artwork and colorful things for decor. And a big ole piano...

I'm confident I could make improvements, they should just give it to me.

Yes

WhoMe

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18576 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Seems clean and functional. I like it. Don’t know how big a staff would be needed to care for a house like this, and the turning radius of the slide seems too small to me, but overall I like it.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12693 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
The kitchen would be a nightmare to cook in. You'd get 10,000 steps aa day just running around the island to get stuff from the fridge. Also hate the breakfast nook. The half bath looks like a prison cell, it's so minimalist.

They needed to go either more contemporary or more traditional. The halfway thing doesn't work for me.

But then for $4M I want my own zip code.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I like it, and the grandkids would love the slide! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34976 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post