well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    VP Speculation

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VP Speculation
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
Since I typed it up and posted it on TNCR, might as well post it here too:

I look at the VP combinations like so:

Trump will stick with Pence, because there is no one else who will be as outwardly as loyal and as obedient to Trump as Pence. No other good/serious people who want the job anyway.

Biden + Stacey Abrams will work great

Biden + Nikky Haley will work great

Biden + Romney will work but not less exciting than Haley

Biden + (Sanders or Warren) -- will be hard to smooth over the policy differences, Sanders/Warren likely won't want the job anyway

Biden + Bloomberg -- Bloomberg won't want the job

Biden + (Steyer, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Gabbard, just about any 2020 candidate who has dropped out) -- boring, boring, boring, boring as a ticket

Sanders + Stacey Abrams -- will work great

Sanders + (Nikky Haley or Bloomberg) -- Haley/Bloomberg won't want the job

Sanders + Warren -- will work great, Warren may not want the job

Sanders + Biden -- will work, Biden can easily move further left in the name of Democratic unity; if they win, line of succession will be Biden, Sanders, Pelosi ... over 200 years of combined experience!!!!

Sanders + (any Democratic candidate who dropped out of the 2020 race) -- will work; like Biden, any of them can move further left in the name of Democratic unity

Stacey Abrams has the most flexibility to be any Democratic nominee's VP

Bernie Sanders has the largest pool of workable VP candidates

If you want to dream about "unity ticket", Biden+Haley is it. For cross-party ticket, I don't see anyone else from the GOP crossing over other than Haley and Romney. Of the two, Haley check more demographic boxes than Romney even though Romney will be the more competent executive.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12693 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Haley has been loyal to Trump. And crossing party lines would kill her chances as a Republican.

Never happen.

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Biden and Michelle Obama.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It will be Biden and Klobuchar. 100%.

It could conceivably be Biden and Gillibrand, but I hope not.

Stacy Abraham’s has not been vetted. Do you really want to risk something coming out? Do you want to chance that she can hold her own in the debate with Pence?

Biden doesn’t need help with black voters. He needs help in the Midwest. Send Klobuchar in a continuous loop of Wisconsin, Michigan, And Ohio.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
And warren for AG.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

Stacy Abraham’s has not been vetted. Do you really want to risk something coming out? Do you want to chance that she can hold her own in the debate with Pence?

Biden doesn’t need help with black voters. He needs help in the Midwest. Send Klobuchar in a continuous loop of Wisconsin, Michigan, And Ohio.
Abrams got more attention with her one run for Georgia’s Governorship than Klobuchar ever did throughout all her elections. In terms risk for some “unknowns” coming out, Abrams’ risk is not that much higher than Klobuchar’s. VP debate never changes anyone’s mind.

Klobuchar is not that popular in the Midwest, her dismal Primary performance showed that much.

Biden does not need merely good black voters, he needs great black turnout, like Obama level turnout.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12693 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I'm still thinking Biden + Harris. Doesn't bring geography, but it pushes up turnout.

Posts: 12546 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Klobuchar or Gabbard. Abrams is an incredibly divisive figure. Biden won't want Warren and that would make the ticket too old.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about Klobuchar as his choice. It'd piss off the progressives even more.

I'm absolutely sure it won't be Gabbard. Or Warren. Sadly, she is too old.

It could be Harris, but she is not beloved by progressives.

I'm not sure Pence could out-debate a paper bag.

Stacy Abrams sounds good to me.

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
It will be someone not noted on this page.
Remember Hillary's running mate?
Took a second, didn't it?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25714 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Re the black vote . . . Biden is crushing it. Crushing. It. Adding an unpopular-with-black-people Kamala Harris, with her inability to respond to anything not in her script, would be an unnecessary risk.

This just reminds me of why the Dems lose: They can't leave well enough alone. No need to risk freaking out moderates who swarmed to Biden by nominating anyone who is not a moderate.

Face it: The Biden administration will not be progressive. The only thing it will be is Not Trump. Progressives will have to settle for that.

Let's not risk a Dan Quail moment for no real benefit, OK? Abrahams has served in the Georgia Assembly. That's it. She has been elected to nothing else, and she lost the one big race she ran. She has simply not faced the glare of the big stage, and heaven only knows what is in her background (well, we know about the debt). Biden would be nuts to take a risk like that when his plan seems to be just to rope-a-dope his way to the White House.

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Biden and Michelle Obama.

Cool

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17681 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I'm still thinking Biden + Harris. Doesn't bring geography, but it pushes up turnout.

I like Harris a lot.

Jf

Posts: 17681 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
And warren for AG.

How about Warren for Treasury and Harris for AG?