well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Time limits

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/9653933597

23 December 2020, 11:53 PM
Steve Miller
Time limits
I’d like to see time limits on cooking competitions doubled or tripled. I want to see great, not fast.

Am I alone?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

24 December 2020, 09:22 AM
Axtremus
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I’d like to see time limits on cooking competitions doubled or tripled. I want to see great, not fast.

Am I alone?
Not enough TV watching people have that amount of time or attention span. If it were up to me, I would do away with TV cooking competition entirely. “Taste” and “smell” are too important to food and neither can be transmitted through TV.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

24 December 2020, 11:14 AM
Nina
My fave cooking show, bar none, is the British Baking Show. Yes, it's watching people make stuff, but what they make can be truly amazing and the people themselves are often slightly off. Plus there's the British sense of humor (humour) tossed in as well.

Their challenges are also reasonable--not so much "make a gourmet side dish in 20 minutes out of vinegar, parsnips and peppermint candies..."
24 December 2020, 02:44 PM
jodi
Rice, ketchup, wilted scallions; vinegar, parsnips and peppermint candies - your ingredient lists are cracking me up. ROTFLMAO

(And I love the British baking show).

Smiler Jodi

24 December 2020, 03:16 PM
Steve Miller
Getting to compete on the British Bake Off Show is not easy.

Life is short. Play with your dog.