well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Time limits

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time limits
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I’d like to see time limits on cooking competitions doubled or tripled. I want to see great, not fast.

Am I alone?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I’d like to see time limits on cooking competitions doubled or tripled. I want to see great, not fast.

Am I alone?
Not enough TV watching people have that amount of time or attention span. If it were up to me, I would do away with TV cooking competition entirely. “Taste” and “smell” are too important to food and neither can be transmitted through TV.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
My fave cooking show, bar none, is the British Baking Show. Yes, it's watching people make stuff, but what they make can be truly amazing and the people themselves are often slightly off. Plus there's the British sense of humor (humour) tossed in as well.

Their challenges are also reasonable--not so much "make a gourmet side dish in 20 minutes out of vinegar, parsnips and peppermint candies..."

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Rice, ketchup, wilted scallions; vinegar, parsnips and peppermint candies - your ingredient lists are cracking me up. ROTFLMAO

(And I love the British baking show).

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Getting to compete on the British Bake Off Show is not easy.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post