well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    When Dogs Cry

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When Dogs Cry
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
New science:

Dogs cry too.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Surprised by that. Suppose I should not have been.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
My kid is doing a lot of scientific research on captive animal welfare, and the general animal welfare community is becoming more and more accepting of the fact that individual critters have personalities which must be included in any overall welfare model. I think it's pretty cool.

When I was in school back when the earth's crust was cooling, the cardinal sin was to anthropomorphize any animal by assigning anything remotely resembling a personality, or even acknowledging that individual differences were anything more than just noise in the data you had to live with.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Nina, that was my experience as well, the joys of behaviorism. One could not suggest emotions to animals even though my dog Duke made what I thought was a persuasive argument.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
That does not surprise me at all. All my dogs had distinct personalities and emotions. Cats too.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I would have thought this intuitively apparent.

But that's just me.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
No props for the thread title? Cool

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I definitely had Prince pop into my brain....

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post