well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Talking with my Mom

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talking with my Mom
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
My mother is now 93 years old. She has physical challenges but her mind is clear.

My sister is pretty conservative...except as she says for the immigrants she employs. Frowner

I had a conversation with my Mom tonight..I told her about how I was going to see Robin Wall Kimmererer at a talk at an Indigenous Peoples event.

I told her about our orgs struggle with how we could embrace and honor those who came before us on the land we now work from.

I was so touched by how she understood the idea..and was open to talking about it...Wow...

Old dogs can learn...Not that my Mom is a dog!

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
To use a nicer cliche - the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree!

It is such a pleasure to witness (if only online) how much you appreciate and enjoy your mom. I foresee you having truly golden years ahead, many and golden in the best sense.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad that you're able to have this kind of relationship with your mom at her age. As Amanda says, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
You got the best of your mother's traits.

"Conservative" should be recognized as the euphemism it has become.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post