well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    RBG Hospitalized again (2020-05)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RBG Hospitalized again (2020-05)
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...r-condition-n1200871

“ U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Tuesday was treated for a gallstone that was causing an infection, the court said in a statement.

She underwent nonsurgical treatment for a benign gallbladder condition at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. The condition was detected Monday after the court's historic telephone session for oral argument. Tests confirmed that a gallstone migrated to her cystic duct, causing a blockage and infection.

Ginsburg, 87, is "resting comfortably" at the hospital and expects to remain there for a day or two the court said.
...”

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
I heard on NPR that Justice Ginsburg will be phoning in to today's Supreme Court session.

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
She's a beast. I wonder if she ever had bone spurs? Wink

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
My Mom is going to be 91 in two weeks.

Hospital stays are pretty common once you are up there. Even a small infection could be serious and most docs will put elders in hospital so they can watch them more closely.

It isn't necessarily life and death.

Still RGB is awesome!!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Infections in the gallbladder are serious business for anyone at any age.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said Friday that her liver cancer has returned but that she is undergoing chemotherapy and will remain on the court.

She put out the following statement:

"On May 19, I began a course of chemotherapy (gemcitabine) to treat a recurrence of cancer. A periodic scan in February followed by a biopsy revealed lesions on my liver. My recent hospitalizations to remove gall stones and treat an infection were unrelated to this recurrence.

Immunotherapy first essayed proved unsuccessful. The chemotherapy course, however, is yielding positive results. Satisfied that my treatment course is now clear, I am providing this information.

My most recent scan on July 7 indicated significant reduction of the liver lesions and no new disease. I am tolerating chemotherapy well and am encouraged by the success of my current treatment. I will continue bi-weekly chemotherapy to keep my cancer at bay, and am able to maintain an active daily routine.

Throughout, I have kept up with opinion writing and all other Court work.

I have often said I would remain a member of the Court as long as I can do the job full steam. I remain fully able to do that."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...ed/story?id=71842504

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
This is how a public servant tells the public the truth about their health.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Actually I'm not sure waiting 2 months for something this serious is some high standard we want to point to.

But whatever.

Here's hoping she holds out at least until 1/21

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
She is amazing. I bet I know why she is still participating, even undergoing chemo (CNN this morn)

She will hang in there until there is a 'big' change in Jan...or maybe nov.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Actually I'm not sure waiting 2 months for something this serious is some high standard we want to point to.

Roberts didn't talk about his recent fall and resulting stitches in his head until well after the fact, and I thought only after WaPo reported on it. Then his spokesperson confirmed what happened.

He has had a couple of seizures in the past. Have to admit this latest episode gave me pause.

But I have no doubt he's capable of doing the job....as is RBG....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Let’s be sure not to hold him up as an example either.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
This is how a public servant tells the public the truth about their health.

ThumbsUp

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Let’s be sure not to hold him up as an example either.

Example of....what?

Confused

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Of how high level government officials should keep the public informed about their health.