well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Want People to Detest Police ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want People to Detest Police ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Can't think of a better way ...

This stuff will cement another generation of Americans whose first visceral reaction to seeing "law enforcement" is anger and disgust.

Posts: 12565 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
They really should stop doing this stuff.

Where are the voters?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34986 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
These are federal agents. Local officials seem to be appalled by their presence and their activities.

quote:
“Usually when we see people in unmarked cars forcibly grab someone off the street, we call it kidnapping,”

quote:
Civil rights advocates suggested the Trump administration is testing the limits of its executive power.

If I'm the mayor of Portland and/or the governor of Oregon, I task my own police to open investigations into the individuals who took part in this, and the heads of the federal agencies who ordered it, and I then issue legal arrest warrants for those people.

Posts: 12565 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
This could be a trial run for how the administration cuts turnout in D-leaning districts. A few key public "disappearings" in broad daylight to sow fear around polling places.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jesus.

quote:
“It’s like stop and frisk meets Guantanamo Bay”

Indeed.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18597 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
If I'm the mayor of Portland and/or the governor of Oregon, I task my own police to open investigations into the individuals who took part in this, and the heads of the federal agencies who ordered it, and I then issue legal arrest warrants for those people.
+1

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12698 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It is also super dangerous.

Having plain clothes officers making stops or arrests is not safe for them or the person they want to stop/arrest. The uniform is crucial for people to have confidence that the officer is an officer.

Hopefully, the department policy made that clear.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I would not call camouflage and body armor "plain clothes". At least not in Portland, Oregon.

I do worry deeply that once I-1 is out of office, none of these violations (including the violent clearing of Lafayette Park so I-1 could traipse through it to go hold a Bible upside-down, or the two medevac helicopters that hovered low over DC's Chinatown, and hundreds of others) will be quickly forgotten, the people who ordered and oversaw them will not be held accountable, and nothing will be done to make sure they don't happen again.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

Let's start with the location data from the phones of the people who were abducted and some pictures of the vans and their license plates.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post