well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Social Dilema

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Social Dilema
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
... on Netflix. Have you seen it yet?

I watched it last night. Documentary with a bunch of the early people who worked behind the scenes at social medial platforms. The takeaway is that the AI set in motion to monetize the platforms does the job too well - and ended up being a force to split Democracies... Talk about unintended consequences!

"If you aren't paying for a product, YOU are the product."

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched it yet, but it's on our list. Glad to know you recommend it.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I was chatting with my best friend today and she said she watched it and recommends it

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post