well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    @$#&*%! Water damage. AGAIN.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

@$#&*%! Water damage. AGAIN.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Steve has found some at a liquidators - California or Florida - very expensive to ship (like $400). Now I’m not sure if it’s worth the risk of trying that (what if it’s damaged) or if I should see about putting tile in the kitchen and using some of the kitchen flooring to replace the fireplace room flooring - I’ve talked myself into being able to deal with that, it will be offset from one wall from the fireplace room into the kitchen, but will be even from the dining room into the kitchen. The one thing I can’t do is pull up almost an entire house of good flooring just to make everything match. Way too much work, $$, trouble and waste.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
We are still, unfortunately, having issue with moisture under a small portion of tile in front the fireplace - and behind the big cabinet next to he fridge - we’ve been running the fireplace (it has a fan) to help with the evaporation (because it heats up the wall) but so far every time I turn it on, it fogs up a little, then dries - I *really* don’t want to have to take the tile out. Ugh.

Smiler Jodi

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s the patina that is discontinued.

Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18572 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Bummer.

Frowner

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Mr Jodi’s leads did not pan out. Looks like I will have to put something different in the kitchen.

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Frowner So sorry you are going through this.

Perhaps with insurance money you can replace the floor with something to your liking?

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Won't your insurance cover this (minus horrid deduction). And is the fridge co. Taking any responsibility? Any ongoing law suits?

I feel so badly for you.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Insurance will cover it. We hav $2,500 deductible. If it is only slightly over that, we will not claim it - because we had that huge claim about 3 years ago - roof and all the windows on the front of the house to the tune of about $40K. I do not want our rates to go up, and I do not want to risk being dropped by the insurance company.

Have a potential lead on some of the discontinued flooring, keep your fingers crossed, just waiting for them to call me back.

Also, had a brilliant idea this morning - the office, which is just off the tiled entrance - does not connect to any of the rest of the houses flooring, but it has this flooring. So theoretically we could remove the office flooring, use it to repair the damage and then do something different (the flooring comes in very similar colors - just slightly lighter or darker) in the office. Assuming they can get it out without damaging it.

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Ooh, that sounds like a possibility. Yikes, that's a high deductible. I went up from 500 to 1000, as rates went up.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post