well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Do you want the good news or the bad news?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you want the good news or the bad news?
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
A new hvac system is a joy to behold! We’re enjoying ours, too…

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
One thing I did in CA, and my sister does in AL, was to run a window unit in the room where I spent most of my time. In my case it was a 6K BTU unit in my office and my sister runs a 12K BTU unit in her living room/ kitchen area. I let the rest of the house drift to 85 during the day and only set the thermostat back down when I needed to use the rest of the house. The little unit in my office paid for itself in two months.

I foresee this arrangement becoming common in new houses, particularly with mini- split single room units. I can also see including more basements - ours is 5 degrees colder than the rest of the house both winter and summer.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post