well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think of this house?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 39

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this house?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Great house!!! Any chance of adding a dock? Might want to take up sailing while there.

I'd like to have a dock but I understand that the permitting process is nearly impossible to negotiate and very expensive.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The Great Lakes are federal waterways and I think the Army Corps of Engineers gets involved. Lots of bureaucracy.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

Congratulations!

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Might be cheaper then to rent a slip.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My son in law's family has a boat they keep in a marina in Sandusky - about 30 minutes north.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
You got the one I like. Loading my UHaul now.
Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I remember you saying something about not being able to live there right away due to some weird tax thing or something -- is that still true? To own that house and not be able to move in would be torture.....but on the other hand if you are renting it out as an airBNB, do let me know - we are due for another trip to Cedar Point!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4403 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yes. In a 1031 tax-free exchange you may not live in the property you are exchanging for a period of time. That period of time is generally considered to be two years.

The current owner is renting back from us for a minimum of 6 months, and if he moves out before the required two year period we'll probably turn it in to an AirBnB.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I presume the neighborhood doesn't have rules about short term rental. We can't do that with our house in Santa Fe. Only 30+ day rentals allowed.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The neighborhood dates to the 20's. No CCRs.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I talked to this guy today. Billy Votruba. Quite a character - and quite a talker. He's the guy who built the seawall at the house in Vermilion, and he's justifiably proud of his work.

Here is a link to his website Lots of pictures.

These projects are amazing! I especially like the pictures of the heavy equipment running around in the lake. He said he's lost one or two excavators in the past but he always got them back. Eeker He also said he used to have an excavator he could use in 10 feet of water!

Be sure to check out the "Safe Harbor."

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Pressed for time here, but this is what it's all about. The house is nice too - completely rebuilt from the studs a few years ago. I'll post more tomorrow.

Thought the picture should be copied here as an update.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We still have one more house to buy - or rent. We're looking for something close to where the kids live in N. Ridgeville. The market is opening up but it's still tight, and most of what's available is too big with too many stairs. Ground floor MBR and laundry, full basement.

This one just came up and I like everything about it. Simple, smaller, small yard, fenced, perfect place for the office. Well priced for a house this new, with neighbors close enough to keep an eye on it when we are not there. I'm not sure what we would do with the living room but at least it's small.

We have our Realtor looking in to it but it's probably too soon for us to make an offer:

5107 Park Trail, N. Ridgeville

I wonder if the plastic plants on top of the kitchen cabinets come with it? Cool

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Smiler

Have you left yet? I'm in CO next week and we could drive to Steve's together. Big Grin

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Smiler

Have you left yet? I'm in CO next week and we could drive to Steve's together. Big Grin

Great. Will fill up with gas and start packing.