well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    You think they would have finished
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You think they would have finished
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Figuring out these houses without seeing them is like solving a puzzle...

I re-read the property description and it mentions radiant heat in the basement. Also a heated driveway. I'm guessing the boiler is associated with those elements.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Figuring out these houses without seeing them is like solving a puzzle...

Very, very true!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ve never seen a house with a heated driveway.

are they common in your area?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Usually only seen in high end homes, and not very often even then. We just don't get that much snow. And ice storms are not a frequent problem. You can hire a lot of snow removal crews for what it costs to install a heated driveway.

The sloped driveway in this house is a little unusual for around here. There are a bunch of homes around the corner from me that are the so-called "raised ranch" style, with the same below grade garage. The are modest homes and I'm pretty sure none of them has a heated driveway. The people just end up parking on a flat part of the driveway (like the apron) if things get slippery. They end up blocking the sidewalk until things thaw.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve never seen a house with a heated driveway.

I feel like it's a "tik tok thing" now. Some how I get a lot of contractor tick toks pushed to me, and I've seen several where they're installing a heated drive -- always on very high-end houses, as WTG mentions.

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It's like a stage for a horror movie.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It's under contract.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Because of course it is.

I am guessing inventory is low in your area as well?

What I'm waiting for here is info about what the houses we've looked at eventually sell for. It will be interesting to see how much this one sells for as well.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Inventory is low and desirable homes are going under contract fairly quickly, but other homes are just sitting. The lower level issues on this "lake house" made me think it would be out there for a while. Unless there was a plausible explanation for what happened.

In any event, I don't have the option to go to an open house to snoop around...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have the option to go to an open house to snoop around...

Big Grin

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sharon found another house to look at and is hoping for an open house.

It’s nice enough, stomping big kitchen and lakefront, but there is no place for my man cave and I say to hell with it.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wait, would you move?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Not likely, but she still looks.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ahh, ok.

I can understanding looking though, it's oddly fun isn't it!